Logistics - winter grow.

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by MrMota, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Right now I have 10 plants finishing in the greenhouse under natural light, of course, but they look as if they will be a while yet. My problem is that I want to do a winter grow of six Satori. Sun hours will be down to 9 so I'll need 6 hours with the lamps on for vegging. I've got the impression that most of my plants are 4 weeks away from harvest at least. That would mean getting new ones in there, maybe mid-November. So switch to flower beginning of March. OK I can gradually reduce the lamp time to keep 12 hours going for a while but by May, I can see myself having a massive problem when they want to reveg.
    This isn't going to work, is it? (No, I can't really be covering / uncovering them every day)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Check @BrassNwood, has his grow down to the spot
    he uses some type of light dep, that hes very happy with ...and not totally dark either
    I tried to look but the pics have gone?

3. August 1st = Take clone cuts / Plant seeds
    Oct 15th = Harvest. Set vegged plants in just harvested holes, Take Cuts / Plant seeds.
    Jan 1st = Same
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same.

This gives you 3 off season 10 week flower windows. Run veg concurrently and I keep setting out plants 4 times a year.

Outside is a giant flower room so I veg either in an old garden shed under T5 High Output strip lights or outside with a mix of Sun and CFLs.

[​IMG]
    We bounce between the house and the mountain cabin and I don't trust the garden shed for more then a few days unattended so the veggers move outside while I'm out of town.
    [​IMG]

24-0 on the lights.
    There are flowering plants just 15 feet away with no issues.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Man screw you guys. No fair. fuckin 5 feet of snow out there right now.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Well I'm doing OK. I haven't begun the main grow yet but I have a dozen self-seeded 'accidentals' growing well. I have a 150 watt sunshine lamp above them, running from 6.30 - 10PM at the moment, and that seems plenty to keep them in veg.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Love this

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. just harvested my 1990s era power plants using light depo at night and in the sun during the day
    and am pissed over the size of the trics

the deal being with me I've been using the latest and best autos for many months now,
    going back to the old school is a backward step as the trics are huge in comparison
    obviously bred for trics as the power plant was bred for vitality something I was into back in the 90's
    at about 12-18% thc these autos I'm growing now are about 28-30+% THC

besides that 'light depo thing' was a daily workout lifting and placing 15- 5 us gallon pots 2 times a day ...lol
    worse I just germed 10x train crash and 10x white widow all photo, just to keep the beer belly at bay

stoners' just don't learn ....lol

• Like Like x 1