Locked out of car? Unlock it with a shoestring

Discussion in 'General' started by weed-deeds, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Hey all,
    Before I even get started, let me just let you know this only works with cars that have pop-up locks, something that is hard to come by on newer cars. **ALSO, DON'T USE THIS TO STEAL CARS. OR FOR ANYTHING ILLEGAL** but that should go without saying :p
    This might seem like its farfetched or overly simple, but that's what makes it beautiful. I highly recommend watching & learning, you never know when this skill might come in handy.

THIS PART IS JUST A QUICK OVERVIEW OF WHAT TO DO, ILL GIVE YOU THE LINK TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS I USED. If you don't want to read, just skip down.

Anyway, Last night I pulled a skype all nighter with a few friends, we had this major computer science project to work on & we finished it flawlessly. To celebrate I got super blazed in my car (to avoid smelling up my parents brand-new home), and knowing how absent minded one can be while under the influence of cannabis, one wouldn't be surprised that I locked the door and left my keys in the car!
    If you ever find yourself in a similar situation (and without a spare key), you can try this method:

Grab a shoestring and a flathead screwdriver, doesn't have to be anything fancy, but make sure both are thin & strong (and having a longer shoestring would help).
    Next, you'll want to tie a slipknot in the middle, you can look up how to do this in google.
    After that, use the screwdriver to pry open the driver door just a little bit (it won't harm your car, its what who ever you would call up to unlock your car would do anyway), and put your slipknot through the crack. Try not to let either aglet (the ends of the shoestring) to fall through.
    You'll want to do this slowly, but when you finally get the loop of your slipknot to the popup lock, you will have to pull each end of the shoe lace away from each other, and then just simply pull up. And there ya go. Saved 75ish bucks that you can now spend on quality cannabis :)
    This might take some time, especially if you're stoned like I was. But hey.. I had fun doing it. Probably because I was high :p

Here are the YouTube video(s) each with the title in case the mobile link doesn't work:
    How to open car with shoelace: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=574LKyN1wjo
    A Method how to unlock your car in 10 seconds :): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJzpaz0tmw

Anyway, I hope I helped a fellow stoner, we really gotta watch out for & love one another, even if society doesn't just yet.
    Stay lifted my friends :)

"Smoke freely until you are free to smoke, and then we can all smoke together."

Sorry for any confusion, just did this a few minutes ago & I'm still blazed!
    Black Domina is a helluva strain, but hey, any strain would be if grown with love!

Rule of my family is to try to help yourself before asking someone else. Try not to be so dependant on others

2. That's way to much fucking about. Just use a brick.

3. coathanger would probably be easier. i had to do that to open my ex's car when she locked her keys inside lol

4. Hey, those are both excellent ways, this is just an alternative 😜

5. Thats what we used to use

6. Get a spare made for your car door and zip tie it under the frame in a less than obvious spot. Bam problem solved