Location?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by billaBONGz, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Ok, I have a few options ahead of me to do this and i have like 4-5 reggie seeds from my baggys. dont judge, im just trying cheap for my first time
    Either way, i have a few choices to grow at:
    1) an old abandoned greenhouse, shattered windows and stuff, in some guys backyard, but noone would see me cuz i hop a fence and im in the greenhouse
    2) in a public park, kinda woodsy, i'd put it completely out of the way by the river/ creek, every 2-3 weeks i'd move them so noone found them and stole them...
    3) a cornfield, once more, just kinda high in grass scarce on the corn itself, I'd find a growing patch and hide it in there, only problem is that its like 20-30 mins away and I dont have a car, also, the water source would be quite hard to come by unless it rained.

2. [quote name='"billaBONGz"']Ok, I have a few options ahead of me to do this and i have like 4-5 reggie seeds from my baggys. dont judge, im just trying cheap for my first time
    Either way, i have a few choices to grow at:
    1) an old abandoned greenhouse, shattered windows and stuff, in some guys backyard, but noone would see me cuz i hop a fence and im in the greenhouse
    2) in a public park, kinda woodsy, i'd put it completely out of the way by the river/ creek, every 2-3 weeks i'd move them so noone found them and stole them...
    3) a cornfield, once more, just kinda high in grass scarce on the corn itself, I'd find a growing patch and hide it in there, only problem is that its like 20-30 mins away and I dont have a car, also, the water source would be quite hard to come by unless it rained.[/quote]

I would definitely not put it the greenhouse if it's in someone elses yard. I would use the cornfield but if it's too far away then I guess you should use public park. How "woodsy" is it?

3. they wont get enough light outside right now unless you're in Australia or something

4. 1) woodsy= quite, there are some clearings where i could put it on the edge and make sure its on the north side, but i wasnt planning on RIGHT NOW, i was planning next year, i wana make sure everything goes well =3, i wanted to have other people mesre this out fo me b/c ofc it is my first grow.

5. why not indoors?? seems like it be easier then outside

6. [quote name='"billaBONGz"']

1) woodsy= quite, there are some clearings where i could put it on the edge and make sure its on the north side, but i wasnt planning on RIGHT NOW, i was planning next year, i wana make sure everything goes well =3, i wanted to have other people mesre this out fo me b/c ofc it is my first grow.[/quote]

I would say the wooded area then and you still have months before you can plant outside so keep looking for better spots.

7. I always though if i was going to grow outside I would look on google earth for good spots way out with a river near by then use a gps to find the coordinates

8. Google earth is good for guerrilla growing...not so much in finding openings but finding big patches (square miles) of woods. Hike constantly and you'll know the area...always know your surroundings...and truthfully all of those places seem like bad ideas, corn fields they might spray with radioactive ferts or anything of the sort, everything else seems too close to society, but then again...I haven't seen these places, just be safe with it.

9. [quote name='"jimbobbybob"']Google earth is good for guerrilla growing...not so much in finding openings but finding big patches (square miles) of woods. Hike constantly and you'll know the area...always know your surroundings...and truthfully all of those places seem like bad ideas, corn fields they might spray with radioactive ferts or anything of the sort, everything else seems too close to society, but then again...I haven't seen these places, just be safe with it.[/quote]

Sometimes to close to society isn't that bad. One of my best spots is only about 30 yards away from a a busy roadway.

10. Im in the same spot, just researching, and looking for a good spot to outdoor grow in the spring. Do you live more in a city? Or in the country? Kus i live out in the country, lota farmland.
    I live out in the middle of no where.

Since you dont have a car do what i did a little earlier before there was snow in michigan, just go for a walk around in some woods/fields that are near where your house are. And look for spots without too much shade, but enough cover.

Also take into mind that theres gona be leaves on the trees throught the summer. So youll want a fairlu large clearing in the woods

11. #11 tok3master, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    Whats around the Green House? Is it on abandoned Property? I Wouldn't grow in someone elses Greenhouse unless, No one lived there. Corn fields I have grown in, But If you live near a Police force that Is very Hard on Marijuana Growers, Dealers,and Users ( I do). They Will probably check the corn Fields. I lost a few in corn fields due to Deer, and The Police. Ofcourse It was in the paper that the Police Busted a Huge Growing Operation. They got 2 plants, Not even flowering, and a few Nutrtients. Thankfully I wan't there and was never a suspect ( It was pretty far away from my house.) The Park It depends, Normally I would say no right away, because a park Usually has a lot of people nearby. I'm sure If I was at a park and There was pot growing anywhere close I would smell it and I would find it. You have to remember There are probablly other growers, and there are definately other Smokers. So with that being said if you can Disguize the plant well enough you could grow it.

you could try:
    Topping it - So it wouldn't grow as tall

Cutting the very tips off of the leaves so that It looks less like a pot plant, and take up less space, (I've been told this increases Bud Potency.)

Putting your plant Up in a tree with a bucket tieing it off. You have to be very careful with this so people dont see the bucket or the rope.

There are alot more ways to hide the plant and Looking here is a great start. This site has taught me most of what I know. And Even directed me into Buying a couple books.

12. When I was Guerilla Growing In Springfield, I just went through trails and walked all around the city. I started walking everywhere. To Work, To the Store, Friends houses, everywhere. Not because I didn't have a car, But because I wanted to know where to grow and also because I liked buying pot more than gas.

So walk around a lot, Then you know who usually walks around and what cars are usually around. That way if the Dea or a local police force starts watching you, you will notice odd vehicles and people around your area.

Also make your grow look natural, so if they follow you and somehow actually find it, act dumb to the Situation. It does grow naturally, just act like you were going to a friends house or somewhere else.

Its better to lose a few plants than lose a few years of your life.

13. I will say it, you should not grow on property that is not yours, it increases the risk of getting caught exponentially.

do it indoors or on your own property. All it will take is someone seeing you trespass once and the jig is up.