Local News Legalization Poll

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by AmpedAxe, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hey guys. The new Legalization Petition has started to be circulated here in Missouri. One of our local news stations has released a poll on their site and will be reporting the results on air. If you could take a moment and vote we would surely appreciate it. A lot of rural folks watch this station around here so any positive results could help bump the initiative that much closer to passage.

Thanks

St. Louis News, Weather, Traffic, Sports | Channel 2 - FOX2now.com | KTVI-TV - KTVI (half way down the page on the right)

2. I voted. so far it's

Yes

58.3%
    No
    41.7%

Surely GC could sway it and make it a yes landslide.. but would it be better to see an honest public opinion?

3. #3 AmpedAxe, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    Honestly I was debating whether or not to post for that very reason. I would prefer local votes, but some of the same old misinformation we've been hearing for years is being aired. There are pro points of view as well but not enough. At this point, the movement needs every "win" it can get. Even if that's a local web poll. Is it cheating? Maybe. But we've been cheated for years so I don't feel too bad about it. Thanks for the support.

4. I voted
    now Where can I sign the petition?

5. #5 kcompton, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    I do not know where we can sign the petition... :confused: I do know that in certain parts of the city there are people gathering signatures but not sure if there's an online one or not. But I agree with amped axe 100% that grasscity SHOULD help us win this vote. If we don't pass this then its just a couple years longer we will have to wait to have it legalized!

6. The poll allows revoting.

7. Good post, AmpedAxe, and thanks for bringing it to our attention. I just voted, and it's up to almost 65% now.

8. #8 AmpedAxe, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    For anyone that lives here in Missouri or has family/friends here, Show-Me Cannabis Regulation is the organization that has lead the charge.

Website: Show-Me Cannabis - Missourians for Cannabis Policy Reform

Facebook: Show-Me Cannabis Regulation | Facebook

They've gotten almost 900 likes in the first week. They're asking everyone to share the page and help spread the word. The webpage has links to sign up for volunteer work (canvasing, donations, etc) Petitions are being distributed and should be available to the public this week. Info on signing locations coming soon. Only registered voters will be counted. Its easy to do. Check it out here: https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/goVoteMissouri/default.aspx

9. People should comment on discussions in the comments of websites to convince people to legalize weed

10. repping the 314