llittle project of mine

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dirtystall, Oct 18, 2006.

1. hello people

I was getting a little anxious to get a grow going so i put this thing together.
    Im not really sure how well it will work but ive done much worse and those bastards still grow. this is my first try at hydro, im just using tap water that sat out 48 hours and will fert with very small doses of miracle grow.

another thing to note, time will start on 12-12, i only have 10 weeks and whatever grows by then im cutting down, im hoping soiless will speed things up a bit. Once the seeds sprout i will move this to the diary section of the forum. Enjoi the pics

[​IMG]

^^ this is the whole setup minus a fan blowing directly into the tuppermaid
    [​IMG]

^^^Mixed spectrum 2 feet fluros

[​IMG]
    ^^
    1 gallon bucket i got from a old job, some fish pump and an airstone.
    I may upgrade the airstone to a wand if i can fit it, its a little small.

the one question i have is can i sprout seedlings into just purlite? since i have no dirt i have to get some kind of plant to stick in this thing.

i also may try and put 2 plants in there for the hell of it.

peace
    -dirty

2. sorry the pics are so big, i tried resizing them but grass city is poo, if there picture hosting would work life would be easyer.

3. I have no problems uploading pics. The manage attachments works fine with jpeg, which is what digi cams invariably are.

4. this is what i get when i try and upload within file size JPG format files

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpovS5SG] [/var/www/grasscity/html/forum/photopost/uploads/28475/1.jpg]

and thats all, ive uploaded a few pictures before but it seems to be a grasscity bug or something, as soon as it does work i will replace these monsters with something a little smaller

peace
    -dirty

5. Worked fine for me !!!

What lights do you have to do your grow ?

6. i have those mixed spectrum fluro's

I also own a 250watt hps, im not sure if ill use it strictly because this isnt enclosed at all, its just in a bedroom, and my hps will light the whole room up. but theres no doubt ill add it once the flowering is in full effect for some extra effort

psss the seeds just popped be ready for sprout pics in a few days

peace
    -dirty

7. that file attachment problem thing is probably cus tohse pcitures are way too big! probably a file size limit, just a guess.

your probably gonna want to conceal the setup eventually, otehrwise your going to be able to get no sleep, and your room is going to STINK.

8. no probs jesus i have an entire house to myself for an alotted amount of time.

pictures were compressed from 100% to 50% i know my camera's and pictures. this seems to be a website problem

peace
    -dirty

9. Try using an outside image hosting source, such as; imageshack.us

10. go to the settings in your camera and select the e-mail option.

11. ok i managed halfass some smaller pictures into this

12. [​IMG]

So my seed sprouted, this sprout came from what im pretty sure was a hermi, really stinky potent buds with 1 or 2 seeds in everybag. so im guessing its going to be female.
    Lights are on 12 12 and the taproot has hit the water.

peace
    -dirty