livingroom first time grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by anon4life, Mar 24, 2012.

1. (I know this is a double post, i realized i posted on the wrong forum, sorry :(
    Livingroom-Growbox
    Hello, i am new to growing and want to try my first attempt for own consumption as im so, so tired of dealers and all that comes with them.
    I have a counter with some shelfs im going to box off and make it blend into the setting of the counter. Visually you would never know anything was in there or have any reason to think there should be anything there. I have read alot around on the internett, several forums, read in some different pdf books and generally relied on google ^^. I now belive i know enough to actually spend the money and risk trying to make the project work. Before spending the money and doing the work, i hoped to have some with more experience check out my plans and correct any errors or make me give up the plans realizing i dont have a good enough space yet.
    Im from europe and use alot of different messurements, but will try to allways use the american standard or that + my own.
    [​IMG]

The space im going to use is (39,37ln x 17,19ln x 28,74ln). I will use a fake wall out of plywood and make it so you can close and open it like a closet door only without a handle.
    I have read alot around and what i think(Please! correct me if im wrong :O) would be the best setup for this space is four 1,58-2,3 gallons pots 7ln/18cm-7,87ln/20cm using the hempy-bucket principle. This would grow lowryders Automatic AK477
    Type : Autoflowering, mostly sativa hybrid
    Height : 14 – 24 inches
    Harvest date : 10 weeks from seed
    Yield : 20 – 40g per plant
    Ideal light regime : 20/4 from seed to harvest
    Ideal pot size : 5 – 7litres
    Environment : Indoors/Outdoors
    Effect : Giggly/High/Mild Munchies
    under two CFL 2700k 125W 8000Lm bulbs. (I can upgrade to 250W 2700k or 25000K instead of 2700k). I will plug these two reflectors, hanging by YOYO, into two timers that will manage the light schedule of 20/4 from seed to harvest.
    I will paint the wooden insides with latex based white paint and drill a hole to work as passive intake at the bottom left side, and a hole for the fan to blow air into the ducting leading to a coal scrubber as a active outake on the upper right side, i will also drill small hole for electricity and Digital Hygro Thermometer(clock, temp, humidity and max/min per day) and then cover the painted walls with a layer of Diamond Mylar Film 98% .
    The pots will be filled with all perlite except for the layer of hydroton on the top. I will germinate the seeds in a cup of water and then plant them in some rockwool under the same CFL next to the hempy buckets and transfer them to the hempy buckets(main pots) and keep them there until harvest.
    I will be using Bio grow, Bio bloom and Bio grow enhancer "top max" as nutrins.
    Bio grow:
    I will start on 1ml of grow from the day they pop out of the soil. Every two days after that i will give them half a ml more. I will do this until i am using 5ml for every litre of water. I stop this at week 8 to flush.
    Bio bloom
    I start on 1ml from around 2 weeks old (or as soon as i see the flowers form) I then use the same method as before by giving them half a ml more every two days until I am on the 5ml for every litre of water. Again stop this at week 8 and just use plain water.

Bio grow enhancer "top max"
    Same as Bio bloom.
    I will use these nutrins in the water i will water with, watering every 3-4 days and filling the hempy bucket until a steady stream of water flows through the hole. The dirt should be dry if not overwatering.
    I will regulate the temperature, ph and humidity while watching out for anything unexpected. I will harvest when it looks ready estimated 62-65 days after seed planted.

My question is will this room work, and are these seeds the best for this space? Would hempy buckets be the best potting solution? Will the odor be controlled good enough for me to have guests that wont notice the smell even if they are close? Am i using the correct soil, bulbs and venting for a good yeild? And lastly have i forgotten a important part?

If you could answer any of theese question i would be very happy! :D I speak english fluently but my spelling is not up to date, hope you are still able to understand :)