Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

living with my parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hightimes512, Sep 2, 2010.

1. i'm living with my parents and i would very much like to persuade them to let me smoke weed. i've been caught before, and they weren't too hard on me, but im tired of hiding it nowadays. my parents both use to smoke when they were my age and older, and might not be entirely close-minded to the idea. so how should i go about asking them to let me smoke weed?:confused:

2. be upfront about it..let them know you like to smoke it sometimes. That's what I did with my grandparents..they had no problem with it when I still lived with them at the time, anyway. It's probably the smell they wouldnt like though. and if all else fails smoke outside when they go to sleep..thats what I did.

3. easy. All you have to do is tell them that you're addicted to masturbation, and that by smoking weed, you lose interest in women. works every time:D

4. I think you parents would be worried about 2 things...
    1) you being, demotivated in all aspects of your life
    2) getting in trouble with the law

These two things are... pretty reasonable worries for a parents to have. I think if you are able to convince them that these 2 things are not an issue, I think you should be in the clear. Try to make a deal with them. Whether its grades or you know... whatever you and your parents come up with.

5. Promise them you won't rape or rob people...although it can't entirely be guaranteed, it should put their minds at ease.

6. #6 DRTYDUB21, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    This is what I did..

Mom: Do you smoke weed?
    Me: yes.
    Mom: regularly?
    Me: yes, pretty much daily.
    Mom: Don't smoke in my house (same rule for cigs of course)

After I got arrested..
    Mom: WTF
    Me: cops are assholes, illegal search, that's where I was last night, yadda yadda yadda.. (this is my moms Bday btw)
    Mom: well, find a lawyer.
    Me: yep.
    Mom: you should stop smoking.
    Me: nope, not unless I am required to by law.
    Mom: dumbass.

After I am sent to rehab, from getting caught..
    Mom: now you gotta stop..
    Me: yep, then smoke the day I go, high as shit, take the test. Stop for 2 weeks get my level down, piss again, levels much lower. Start smoking again, cheat for the next 6 months.
    Mom: so are you going to smoke again now?
    Me: never quit.
    Mom: dumbass..

But that's just my family, GL..

*edit* should note that my family understands my reasons for smoking, I'm lucky..

7. Wish my folks were as laid back as that your pretty lucky

8. Tell them you smoke weed, and prove to them it doesn't affect your everyday life. Examples: Do good in college, maintain your job, etc. If they still insist on you not smoking pot, call them hypocrites because they did it when they were your age. No parent likes to be called a hypocrite by their own child, believe me.

After a while, I'm sure your parents will become rather passive with the idea.

9. Just get into a deep conversation. And then talk about your parents past, and what they did. After a little talk about that, just bring it up. Thats what i did 3 years ago, and now my parents are sooo chill. Good luck

10. I think i could compare my house to decriminalization. My parents will take my stuff if they find it. But i never get grounded or anything, although everytime we have to have a long talk. And me and my parents have had over 12 long talks.:smoking:

11. #11 Reform, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
    For them to understand completely marijuana/hemp was the first, natural, unharmful medicine to man and still is, should be enough.

I have never discovered why aspirin aspires to kill more than weed btw. That proves our world is a fuck pit of gay twisted government tag a longs.