Living with minorities.

Discussion in 'General' started by Imnothigh666, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Idk why it is so hard for minorities to at least show the same respect I show them… This isn't a hate thread but rather a PEACE thread. 

I moved in 3 months ago to an apartment complex with the majority of residents being the minority (no pun intended) 

By respect I mean, just 'everyday politeness'. 

Since moving in here, 

I have been threatened, cursed at, and just given the cold shoulder. I don't know why these people feel that is normal but its fucked. Im sorry if this offends anyone, but to be honest, its offending the shit out of me everyday. 

Its fucked up this is what the world is turning into, isn't it more beneficial if we work together as a community???

Rant over. 

2. #2 Stormy Sea, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Do you realize how racist that sounds? lol.

Just because one group of people you live near is being rude to you, all minorities are rude?

Really dude? Sigh. And you wonder... Maybe they're mind readers and they're sick of being generalized by people, like you just did to them.

That, or they feel like you're encroaching on their territory... hum. Either way, suck it up, move on. Some people won't like you, that's life.

Instead of getting upset, kill them with kindness. Prove them wrong. :)

3. #3 Imnothigh666, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    dude its quite the diverse mix here. You would be surprised. We are all minorities if you think about so who's to say racism doesn't go both ways?

I for one am tired of being heckled "hey white boi, you wanna get laid out on the tracks!" 

Reffering to the train tracks in the woods by our apartment. 

*And if you think I'm pin pointing anyone you are wrong. 

You lost me right there.

5. I'm just going to be honest. I feel like I can help you out here since I'm what you would call the minority.

If you don't show that you're the Alpha leader of the apartment complex, than you're going to find yourself laid out on the tracks.

6. ^That logic is fucking dumb what is this the 1940's??? 

7. have you tried sparking up a jay with any of them? Maybe they know you're a stoner and are upset you haven't offered the proverbial peace pipe

Sent from my mind

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M

Hah good thought but they don't want anything to do with any white person. They just start shouting at you as soon as they see you. 

10. Op stop crying and go do the dishes

11. Already cleaned and put away hun. 

12. Idk man, I have never dealt with anything like that. The only minorities round here are the Mexicans and black folk, I just thought I'd throw it out there lol. Why about your immediate neighbors?

Sent from my mind

13. Same thing from the neighbors, like if we are both heading for the stairs. I'll just say 'Hey hows it going' 

They will look at me and just keep walking. My neighbors are mostly pacific islanders/few hispanics. 

Lmao.  :laughing:

15. You have a valid point.

However, I think had he rephrased this thread to something more appropriate like, "moved into new place, people neighbors are threatening me" it would've come over a tad less offensive lol.

To that end, I believe that his point is valid, regardless of racial bias.

OP, I don't know what kind of a neighborhood you live in, but I can relate to this story. My mom kicked me out as a teen, and I moved into a shitty neighborhood I could afford after a brief stay with a friend.

At first people behaved the same way towards me as your describing, and I even knew a few people in that area, didn't matter. What does matter in those circumstances, is not showing any fear or hesitancy in your actions, don't be stupid, but don't be a pussy either, if that makes sense. Eventually, after a couple months of living there, I actually got along with the people who hung out in my neighborhood, and I actually sort of enjoyed living there. You'd be amazed the connections people have in the ghetto. I was buying half priced cigarettes and beer from a lady who lived in the apartment block next to mine at one point haha.

Good luck to you bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. You too whack to approach dey swag.

Thanks for relating to me on this man, its just frustrating. I do my best to hold zero stigma against ANYONE I meet, because everyone deserves that chance. But when you don't get that respect in return, on a daily basis, it gets FRUSTRATING. 

On that note, I still continue to hold my head up when walking past hecklers and know not all people are like this. 

18. For all you know this guy could be black in a white apartment complex...

19. #20 ItsReneeYo_, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014

lol the people responding you aren't really understanding what your saying it seems.

people are different, minorities tend to stick together but it also depends on whether or not you try to engage them , say whats up man, giving a smile. something. 

the way i see it is , if people don't want to be bothered. then fuck it . i wont bother em. do you need them to be nice or peaceful to you? i dont think so, you'll survive.