Living soil...It's ALIVE!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Gilman420, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Curious on this point...I thought that CO2 increased the quality of bud production??? Or is that only during light conditions and active photosynthesis? Or is there a happy medium of adding air to "lights off" period to "dilute" the CO2 produced by soil organisms and inhabitants? Educate me please. Thanks

2. I checked into that a little bit. It seems extra CO2 is good during lights on, but not at lights out. I found a post by someone on another forum, not sure how credible it is tho- The facts about CO2 ppm: don't use 1,500! - Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

3. So after throwing these guys under the scope I realize they must be Stratiolaelaps (hypoaspis) mites. At least that's what they appear to resemble the most. One of their favourite foods are fungus gnat larvae. I've noticed my fungus gnat problem went away too once the mite population increased. These little soldiers are good for PM so they get to stay. Here's some pics. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  4. #44 Herbzilla420, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Has anyone dealt with centipedes before? I found a decent sized one in my pot under the solo cup I have stuck in my transplant hole. It went into the soil before I could catch it. My soil life is really taking off which is awesome but I don't want centipedes killing my worms.

Never mind I got it. Just had to be patient then I scooped it up. I'm still in the stage where I freak out a little every time I see a new form of life. From what I learned centipedes stay near the soil surface. I read that if you see one chances are it's the only one or there are few as they are very territorial. Also read that soda water will stun them for a little making catching them easier. Never tried it though.
    [​IMG]
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum