Living On Your Own

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nahitscool, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Alright so this is kind of a question for anyone whos been in my situation.

So i live in Germany with my parents and last week i got arrested for vandalizing (breaking a gas station window). We contacted the attorney and he basically said i would either have to pay a huge fine, go to jail, but most likely get sent to the states. The problem is i really dont have any family other than my parents and theyre going to stay in germany for around ten years before they move back to the USA. I got no money, no real job experience, and ive always had a dream to live somewhere in California.

So i guess my question is have any of you been in a situation like mine where you were forced to grow up in a matter of weeks and if so do you have any tips for me?

2. how can sending you to the united states be a punishment?

3. Well my dad when he moved here was in the army so he was sent here, and me and my mom went to live with him. and because of him being in the army there's a army/Germany contract for all army family's that says if we get in trouble in Germany we will be sent back. I honestly don't know the completely the situation but thats how it was explained to me.

4. oh my bad i thought you were a regular German citizen being threatened to be sent to the US, haha sorry.

even though they are probably upset with you for the charge, if you do get sent back to the US you should plead to your parents for some startup money. ask for something just to keep you up until you can get a steady job and start making your own money. tell them that once possible youll repay them.

5. Im sure they'll help me out a bit with money but the thing is im a 19 year old child. I wake up at 12, smoke some bud, watch a few movies, eat and sleep. For right now my plan is live in a van by the beach, thats all i got so far.

6. Damn man. Well Just know many people including my parents have went to America in a similar situation and been succesful. Good luck.

7. Get a job. get an apartment. Set up a bank account if you don't have one. Figure out what percent of your paycheck you need for rent and other necessities. Figure out what you have left. Put half of that in the bank and use the rest for whatever you want. Mind you that you probably won't have a lot of money left over as you are still getting situated because your gunna have rent, car payments, groceries, and other shit like that. I had my own place when I was 18 and just recently moved back home so it is not impossible. Good luck.

8. you need a job that is steady and you work at it for a little bit and earn some money and then eventually move out.

When i was 19 i used to work in construction so lol:smoke: We used to blaze at lunch i remember Everyone asking me to get them bud:smoke: we just worked and stayed high basically.

9. That is a horrible plan. :D

U need to find out where they are gonna send u, then look for employment. Even if its a fast food job or workin at a super market, u NEED to get a steady income.

I moved out of my moms when I was 17. I was lucky enough to have a steady job before I moved out though.

U need to realize that sleeping in till 12 and watchin tv all day is just not an option for u anymore. U are a 19 year old MAN (not a child), u have to start actin like it.

Good luck. :D

10. This. What he says is the harsh truth.

11. heres an idea.. tell the shop owner your sorry, and you are willing to pay for a new window if he will drop the charges. never hurts to ask :wave:

also have to agree with Stigma, grow up man and take care of your responsibilities.

12. good feedback so far on this...another thing tho. we all know its hard to find a job nowadays so i suggest applying for unemployment and food cards WHILE you still look for a job.

as far as living situations go...find a homeless shelter dude. ive been there and done that. it really isnt all that bad, just remember its only temporary. and the faster you get serious, pull yourself together and have a steady income, youll make it on your own.

oh and this next part youre not gunna like very much...STOP SMOKING WEED! you cant afford it and most places drug test. so give it a break until youre stable dude.

that is all

13. try going into the marijuana buisiness.

14. is prostitution an option?

15. Prostitution is always an option.

16. hahaha

Well dude that really sucks. You don't have grandparents or anything in the states that can help you with a place to stay?

ahh, i was going to say something else but i forgot (the prostitution thing fucked it up).

anywho, seriously best of luck dude. I hope you can figure something out.

17. Did you break the window in purpose? How did it happen?

18. Yeah I demand to hear the story too lol.

19. Uh my parents went out of town for a week so i went to a friends house and got hella fucking drunk. Then for some reason i figured id take a bus home, when i woke up i was in a German jail and i had to have my picture and finger prints taken. They took me to the gas station and said they had 8 witness that saw me me breaking a window with a stolen axe, then immediately after i broke the window i rode away with a stolen bike. Im never drinking like that again.

20. Damnnn thats fucked up man. I've never been that drunk and I'm glad.