living on your own

Discussion in 'General' started by jeffro34, Aug 6, 2006.

1. so okay im living with the rents and i cant wait till i get my own apartment even tho it wont be for like 3-5 years lol. but i was wondering for you guys that do live alone or with a room mate is if fun and is it hard to pay rent heat and all that other shit but still have money to buy bud and other fun shit idk. well i just want to know is it hard for you guys to be living on your own. and also what type of job do u have

2. ... how old are you?

3. well when I first started living on my own it was rough- when I was 18 my mom moved out and left me the apt.

I was working at dunkin donuts at the time so shit was tight. The rent wasn't bad- but add internet, cable, electric, and oil for heat and hot water and I was left with like 20$/week to spend.

I remember I was so broke my g/f spilled beer on my computers old keyboard resulting in the "z" and "v" key to not work. I had NO MONEY to get a new keyboard until a month later. It sucked I had to go to google and type something with a "z" or a "v" in it wrong so it would come up and then I would have to copy and paste it- haha

But eventually shit got better, I ended up having two jobs for a while, then I left dunkin donuts because I was making enough money to not work 17hrs a day. Then I started college and got a better job- I'm a manufacturing engineer- so now shits great.

But having your own place is rough sometimes- you really need to be ready for it- financially and maturity.

4. Always sounds good when u think about it,Now look at the Pros and Cons I did'nt that why im living wit my sister :p