Living life sober..I feel lost blades...

Discussion in 'General' started by PatrickTheToker, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I have been a habitual pot smoker for over 2 years now. Smoking multiple times a day. I got to the point where I realized smoking was taking too much of a priority in my life. I quit smoking 2 days ago, and now I just feel 'off'.

It is like I don't know how to conduct myself. I know weed isn't addicting on its own, but I do have somewhat of an addictive personality. I just got in such the habit of smoking all the time I don't know what to do without it.

Used to be when I would get bored, I would smoke...I definitely have a lack of hobbies now a days and I just can't seem to find things to occupy my time. This is going to be a little tougher than I thought.

Any advice from blades who know what I'm talking about? Like how did you get through it?
    I am just getting really anxious a lot, and honestly the past two days I have felt a little empty inside.

I just keep telling myself it will be worth it with all the money I will be saving. I just don't know how to enjoy sobriety anymore.

2. #2 Free The BIRDS, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    you are making the right choice

-there is no guide to smoking marijuana. no do's and donts. because of this i discovered myself that the brain needs recovery time. its really does man. if you smoked every other day any negatives you feel are greatly diminished.

-you are stopping your usage. it is gonna be very hard to go buy without cannabis... you are so used to it in everyway. please give yourself 2-3 week, i know its gonna be VERY hard but just keep focused man. its a challenge!
    can you beat cannabis? or is gonna beat you? are these buds really stronger then you? they are stronger then your mental capabilities? everything you've gone through in your life and you cant beat this little "non addictive' substance"? i believe in you man, please believe in yourself too

-the benefits are really countless. you dont even know the benefits but you are gonna find out i guarantee! examples: -clearer head(no hazy feeling) -recalling things you did in the day or earlier in the week, things you dreamt(its gonna be so nice be able to remember everything you wish!). -increased mental/physical energy. -a FRESH look on life, definatly not the same old. because of this new perspective you are gonna be able to do new things and have a new motivation

-to succeed you have to keep occupied. man i quit when call of duty black ops came out... needless to say it helped TREMENDOUSLY. i played that and thought about that instead of thinking about weed all day.
    today was also my first day of p90x!!! i "bought" (illegal downloaded) it. it is a great program and its not all doing hardcore shit everyday. theres yoga stretching and tons of variety. definatly gonna keep me busy and get me extra ripped. LMK if you want the torrent (i found on google).

well thats it man. marijuana had a grasp on you because you allowed it to. now its time to take a step back, completly stop usage for a few weeks.

AFTER these few weeks man you can begin a relationship with it again. the BOND you two will have will be WAY stronger then it is now. picture having a longtime girlfriend (2 years your case right?) and imagine not seeing her for a month or so.
    man when you see her again you are gonna have the BEST SEX OF YOUR LIFE.

^^^that alone will be worth it!!!

its gonna get easier everyday (the first 4 or so are the hardest). keep at it man. you are stronger! you control it!

life is beautiful without cannabis and many of us (myself included) forgot that at some point. you should be able to enjoy life when not high! this break will be definitaly worth it. look back in 2-3 weeks and realize the newly found benefits.

you control it!!

*ill edit in a sec

3. If patrick is ur real name, then, hurrah, we share the same name, but srlsy though, try playing guitar, or an instrument, or get a fuck load of video game s that look good and play them

4. Yo bro deff just find something to occupy your time.. Perhaps a new woman? or sports? video games? chronic masturbation? musical instruments?

5. I feel ya man. I've been dry for 2 days and I just feel uncomfortable; only way I really can describe it.

6. As that bald guy from Taxi Driver once said "You know we're all fucked. More or less. You know you could do anything. Go out and get laid, go and get drunk". The point is man, we're limited as a species, and it really doesn't matter if you get baked all the time, as long as you feel irie. Just do what makes you feel happy, what makes you feel uninhibited and content, fuck the rest.

If that means you get baked, then just do it. If that measn you gotta find somethin else to occupy your time, then go out and interact with people. Go to a bar, a club and interact with people. Call a friend and hang out. Just decide on what you need, and meet your needs, cos there isn't much else to it sometimes, if not all the time. Hope this helps. If not, just ignore me:).

7. Don't mention chronic man, you're only making it harder for him.

8. It WILL get easier the longer your sober duration is. Trust me.
    Every day after I smoke, I have a STRONG urge to smoke again. I guess I'm the only one who feels burnt out after three or four consecutive days of smoking...

But... It will get easier. In all honesty, you need to hang out with some friends who don't smoke. If you don't have any....then good luck to you.

9. i know what you mean. the first few days are a bitch, but than you get used to it. you definitely got to find a hobby though. not gonna lie, model cars are a good way to pass the time. you can get pretty into it. lol.

10. see this:(

life is beautiful... we are given an amazing gift. it should not be uncomfortable to live it:(

change your ways my brother. moderation is key when you get back into it!

11. Yah man. i'm pretty much the same hear. I've been smoking for about 4 years now, nut it wasn't until a year ago that i've been doing it everyday, if not multiple times.

I myself have come to conclusion though, that if you ere able to understand that and realize it for yourself, you've got a pretty good chance that you'll make whatever the right choice may be...