living in the present

Discussion in 'General' started by coaster15, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Should be a course of action that one takes daily even if its by small time scales. Wether its a deep meditation process from an experienced person, or simply a brief pause before a task to be to take interest in whats in front of you. It takes time that alot of people dont having unfortunately. Since people have responsibilities that need attention. As a society of abundance its hard to do, there so many things to distact you but practice makes perfect.
    The good thing about time. It gives you chances to sit and think instead of just on go mode for the majority of the day. Especially in the modern world where everyone and thing seems to be acelerating and becoming more contagious, these activities that are of the norm and wide spread ammongst the state of people AND perception. People dont like to sit in silence alone, it would rather be the tv that sits in front of them to spill a new sense, or just to...kill some time.
    Observe your self as you read this now. And take notice of your senses, eyes, nose, ears, tongue and feeling, of not only your pulse but the pulse, sort of vibration of the room your in RIGHT NOW. Not only are you observing the now, you are being observed. I think during these next coming years of technology advancement as virtual reality becomes more engulfing then ever he mass of people will awaken a new perception of the present moment and the human condition. You can become more aware of the world by attracting a feeling of being a part of the change, the mass change of human thinking due to evolution, technology and all the good stuff.

Thank you and discuss your view of the now. 2015 and future.

2. I always live in the moment . Sometimes the past drags me down or future plans stressin but I always just stop and think about empty black space for a second and just shut my brain of and let instinct take charge. Just for a moment.

3. I'm high so i have no idea what the fuck you just said

4. Yo that was like a page long so I'm sure it was very intuitive but I'm stoned and didn't have the attention span to read it

5. I've just accepted that I'm going to be a cyborg connected to technology till the day I die.

The only time I appreciate the present is when I'm high.

6. Weed does make life a lot more tolerable tbh

7. Just make the right choices, thats all that counts.

8. #8 B ran420, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    What a fucking great first post. I already have mad respect for you.

I couldn't agree more. I used to hate being alone when I was younger but over time I have learned that it is very important to have that alone time to reflect on things. Like you said, whether it's through meditation, taking a long shower (this works really well), going for a hike alone, even cleaning can work

9. If only everyone had the same mindset you do, things might actually go forward rather than backwards. This world is gonna be scary in 50 years but it's up to us to change it. It starts with having the right attitude

10. Deep shit, I love it

11. I've trained myself about a year ago to see things in a new perspective. It's not hard to try. Just close your eyes, when you open them take in everything like you've never seen it before. The table, the fridge. How that guys reading in the corner ( my surroundings). You don't have to be alive remember that. I call it appreciative mode. Look appreciate and enjoy. I usually try it during long walks or car rides or whenever there's a lot of people. Idk I love being alive more that most people. It's a beautiful experience.

12. I would say stop over thinking. At night laying in bed in your own thoughts..your mind can scramblr to so many different possibilities that you cant even sleep.what if what if..its so bad to the point where you dont even takr action at all to stall in the safe zone..everything is temporary and nothing is forever is what you got to remember.as long as you know when you are just going through a phase you will be alright.just go with instinct and heart and u should be alright.the only will power you need is to stay strong and always move forward in order for things to change,because things always change.if u can laugh at life and say fuck u im still goinf,you will always be alright..as for the present ill eat these chickrn wings and wake up to a new day with new possibilities...never stall or over react on emotion is what i got to remember.life goes on.

13. I agree. When I was deep into my Buddhist journey I was all about living in the present. I've since fallen away but it'd be nice to get back into that. Buddhism has really taught me a lot that I should prob use. I recommend it to anyone whos looking to be more connected an in tune with the self, and the life around them. Its a beautiful experience, it really is. :smoke: