Living in the Netherlands, a Dream come true

Discussion in 'General' started by hippy_man99, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hey all you blades out there,

I know some of you have seen my previous posts about moving overseas to the netherlands....

Well I've worked my ass off for the past 2 years and I've finally made it.

I have an apartment in the Netherlands in a city called Leiden.

I'm in a graduate degree program for one year... I'm writing you all from a hostel on the beach called
    Flying Pig Beach Hostel....

(best party place by the way. GO there in the summer you won't be disappointed... it's a giant party on the beach.!)

just thought i'd let everyone know!

peace to you all,
    Hippy :smoke:

2. Wow this is something I dreamed of doing for a few years per lax pot laws... I am now in Cali where Amsterdam is everycorner(my opinion).. And I am concerened of the crime in Amsterdam.. I have heard when someone is murdered there it is not recorded in anual deaths. Very Scummy... Cant wait too go someday!!!!

3. This is really a nice change from the usual threads we see...

"Dude, I am so moving to Amsterdam..." And, of course, they never do it.

You sir, have given one long, hard look at the mountain, climbed the son of a bitch and taken a huge, steaming piss on the summit. Congratulations on the move!

:D

4. congratulations for sure!!

nice to see people living their dreams. good on you, buds! :D
    hope you have an awesome time!

5. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well done, man! Enjoy yourself and make sure to repay yourself with some leisure after all that hard work.

6. cheers to you all,

thanks for the good words!

Amsterdam isn't all that bad... especially if you come from the states... just keep yourself out of the redlight district. It's all over priced tourist traps anyways.... stick outside of the center and it's lovely

peace to you all,
    i'm off to enjoy a quiet day

hippy