living in a van

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by blazin_busta, May 19, 2007.

1. Currently, I am increasingly going homeless, and I decided the best way to live, is to buy a van right now. But I have no money, hence I need to live in a van, any ideas?

2. how do you plan on showering?

you'd still need to pay insurance on the van. another big thing is most employers would rather give a job to someone with a address of residency. there would definately be more issues with it but those are few.

your best bet would be to find a cheap rental house and get a job or find an affordable house and try to straighten your finances out.

3. You kids are probably saying to yourself, "Now, I'm gonna go out, and I'm gonna get the world by the tail and wrap it around and put it in my pocket!" Well, I'm here to tell you that you're probably gonna find out, as you go out there, that you're not gonna amount to jack squat!" You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese and living in a van down by the river!
    [​IMG]

4. FUCKING exactly what I was thinking.

Matt: Well la de FRICKING dah, we got ourselves a writer here.

Matt: Well dad, I can't see real good is that Bill Shakespeare over there?

Dad: Actually we've encouraged him to write Matt

Matt: Why don't you just shut your big YAPPER.

Matt: From what I've heard, you haven't been using your paper for writing, but for rolling doobies!

Hahaha Chris Farley R.I.P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQVr6f6FL5Y

5. none of this would be happening to you, if only you hadnt started smoking, that dreaded ''DEVILS WEED''

nancy reagen,, said no,, and so should have you,,, you knew that marijuana, was a gateway drug,, and now look at what its done to you!!!!!

yeah right!!!! thats what a social worker, would say,,, and when they get off work,, they'll be puffing up also,,,,,,, good luck,,,, live in a tent, i could do it if i had to... with no problems, or complaints!!!!

but then again, look at my gallery, im a little rednecky,,,:D

6. Soap and bottled water

7. I would suggest giving up things like the internet before you live in a van....

Have you really simplified your life- no pot, no alcohol, no going out for food (cook at home, PB & j's, grilled cheese, tomato soup, potatos, oatmeal)

No TV, cut down on electricity, bike as much as you can (a $50 used bike can save you that much in gas within a few weeks).

No cell phone, cooler showers, getting an extra job.

Anything is better than living out of your van IMO.

8. Toilet.
    Stove.
    Shower.
    Bed. (With lots of pillows and large comfortable blankets).

Do I make you horny with my words?

9. thats cold blooded

10. i got a pretty sweet room in my backyard you can use. i usually work out naked in there but i dont it'll be an issue.

11. Judging by your icon, I need to see you naked.

12. Shit will get better, I don't know your situation obviously, but couldn't you move in with your rents for a bit?

and if your getting kicked out of your rents place, you should really try to patch things up. It's not as easy as you think living day to day.

13. I have no job currently , I've been trying to get one for a year and no luck, and that's why I can't live in a rent, I feel that if I buy a van it'll be cheaper, it's better than a cardboard box.

14. I find it hard to believe that you have been searching for a year and still can't manage to find a job unless you were living somewhere like Humboldt where its close to impossible. If you look hard enough, you will find a job that doesnt drug test. Its not that hard man, you just gotta get up and do it.

15. well, living in a van would make it even harder for you without a permanent residency address to find a job either way as i stated earlier.

16. Dude I dont mean to be blunt. But I am. A freaking year and you cant find a job. Hard to believe and I dont buy it. Not even for free. Mickey Ds is ALWAYS hiring people around here..or for any one around the whole damn area for that matter. Dude if your that worried about loosing your home, going homeless, living in a van youll do anything for cash. Almost any fast food place will hire you, without having to have expierence. Dont need expierence to flip a burger and put what those ungrateful customers want. Theres always places hiring. Dont be lazy. Unless you find it amusing to be poor and live out of a 1970 hippy van. Peace and love man. Youll be ok. Just put a little effort in your life. You have a long way to go before your dead. Figuratively speaking...

17. i knew that was gonna come up and its awesome :hello:

18. dude i got a bronco 2....u can take out the back seat, throw a matress in there and call it ur "shag mobile"......ill let it go for 1000. it runs too...:smoking:

19. Meditate. It will answer questions.