living in a van down by the river

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Oct 29, 2012.

1. #1 DDV, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    How would I go about doing this? What supplies would I need? Any advice from anyone who's lived in a van down by the river before?

2. #2 TinManThaBoyBoy, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    get a van..

go to the river..

sleep

trust me.. i was born by the river, inna little tent.. and just like the river i been runnin ever since

3. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']get a van..

go to the river..

sleep

trust me.. i was born by the river, inna little tent.. and just like the river i been runnin ever since[/quote]

Good advice. Anyone else?

4. No no no no ddoublevision you don't want to live in a van down by the river. I think you misunderstood Matt Foley.

5. Reminds me of my van by boondox

6. I already know I need to stock up on papers.. im gonna be rolling lots of doobies thats for sure

7. First off, I am 35 years old, I am divorced. AND I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

now ddoublevision from what ive heard you've been using your paper for rolling doobies. your going to be doing a lot of doobie rolling whhen YOUR LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!

8. Guys i'm serious :(

9. Now I need to watch snl

10. this guy was serious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRpMAt7Rbv8]Keith Thompson: Totally Off The Grid - YouTube[/ame]

11. Why do you want to live in a van by the river?

12. This is not something I would suggest..

Maybe food, clean water.. If you're going to be squatting make sure it is somewhere you have permission so cops dont drag your stoned ass out of there.. Also winter is coming man.. It is going to get cold...

13. herbs, chillum, paper clip, lighters all you need bruh

14. you'll have plenty of time living in a van down by the river when your living in a van down by the river

15. One of my good friends was homeless up until a month ago. Camping gear is a necessity, Lanterns and cooking gear. most of it runs off small propane tanks, maybe $10. Get some strong rope or something for a line to dry your laundry. Get a sleeping bag for sure, or some old blankets. You'll need containers for water, maybe old milk jugs or Gatorade bottles or some canteens?
    Try and get a cooler if you can. allows you to keep meat at least a little longer.

This is just what my friend said was pretty much necessary if it was going to be a long term thing. He was homeless for around 2 years and a traveler for the last 8-9 months. Good luck man, it can be done! Hope the info helps. If you have any questions i can ask him for you.

16. Fishin pole of youll be by the river

17. You def need a gun for mountain lions and such...

"Quality, over Quantity."

18. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']One of my good friends was homeless up until a month ago. Camping gear is a necessity, Lanterns and cooking gear. most of it runs off small propane tanks, maybe $10. Get some strong rope or something for a line to dry your laundry. Get a sleeping bag for sure, or some old blankets. You'll need containers for water, maybe old milk jugs or Gatorade bottles or some canteens?
    Try and get a cooler if you can. allows you to keep meat at least a little longer.

This is just what my friend said was pretty much necessary if it was going to be a long term thing. He was homeless for around 2 years and a traveler for the last 8-9 months. Good luck man, it can be done! Hope the info helps. If you have any questions i can ask him for you.[/quote]

Thanks man.. I appreciate it

What about food? Is it safe to hunt small animals? (Without a permit haha)

19. And a shotgun...and being in Texas you might want to have proof of citizenship handy....