Living In A Tent

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by EducatedKrimnal, Jan 29, 2013.

1. I've been evicted from my apartment and now I'm back at my parents house. Rather than put up with there rules and uppity attitudes I'm going to pitch a tent on my dads property and live in it until things get better for me. I'm all ready prepared with a artic sleeping bag thats good for -30 below tempatures, a coleman stove, fire pit, and a 4 season tent. I may blog about this experience. Would any of you try this?

2. I would try it, good luck man, keep us posted!

3. Sounds like it could be a good plan for the time being. Use the time for some self- reflection about your life.

4. I have always wanted to do something of this nature. I want to eventually become a minimalist, survivalist, and live in the wilderness for some time. I think this is a great idea and you will gain appreciation for what you have in your life, even if it is just little things like shelter and fire.

5. I could do it as I've primitive camped a lot. The big issue is the bathroom...I can go for several days pooping in the woods, but eventually I'm gonna have to get a shower...

6. Yeah i think a blog on this would be badass im a HUGE camper so good luck.

7. Go out into the woods.

8. need a roomate?
    no but seriously..do what u need to do an stay safe.
    the whole blogging thing..go for it
    I kinda wanna do the same since
    I plan on possibly being homeless in the next 48hours
    idk yet I'm still waiting for some kind of miracle
    call back for an interview or just something amazing to happen.
    If not then I'll be more then willing to share my expierence
    with others an I think u should feel free to do the same.

9. It really is fortunate you can stay on your dad's property. Being straight up on the street homeless is fucking tough. You definitely would have a tent or any personal belongings for very long :p

10. Word, if you're on your dad's property, then you can at least hit up a shower every other day at least, right? That's probably all I'd wanna still keep reliant on if I was to travel and live that style. Gotta keep up the dank odor :hello:

11. don't forget a samurai sword

12. Wipe your ass with leaves

13. ain't life in the new economy a bitch ???????

14. I highly doubt his eviction has to do with the economy....

15. Choosing to be homeless for awhile would be cool but being forced to is a bummer.if you could I'd be homeless at devils rock up there in WI. I've always wanted to go there and enjoy the sights

16. Lol your house is haunted as fuck, i.woulda been out camping under my own will a while ago. But seriously good luck. My moms been scraping by for the last few months. I havnt been able to get a job to help pay bills but thankfully she got a job (she had one but they had to let her go after a month, person who hired her wasnt ment to hire anyone) she actually got the job today :)

17. Rofl thats exactly what i was thinking

18. Damn I wouldnt want to camp in fucking kansas.

19. lmao just read that thread. As someone that lives in new hampshire and has gone winter camping, That kid was such an idiot haha

20. #20 reggaemuffin, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
    If you can afford it, there are some pretty spacious and study long-term living tents. I've been on long camping trips (3 weeks-1 month) before and they were awesome.

Some tips - get a good flashlight, and a good lantern because you'd be surprised at how handy they end up being, try and position your tent so that the wind will go through any openings it may have rather than against the walls (this will help with any bugs, if you do have them as well as ventilation and wind shear), if you're going to be living there for a longer period of time look into getting a solar powered charging station (they're not really that expensive and are really useful for phones, iPods, what have you).