Living in a bad area.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by purpleSparkles, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ok, so I'm thinking about moving to this one area with this guy. (I don't want to get super into my relationship).
    Where my friend wants to live has a very high crime rate.
    How can you live in a bad area and still stay safe?

2. Get a dead bolt obviously lock all doors. If youre hella paranoid get bars on your windows. Just dont flash all your expensive shit and you should be good. Ive stayed in the hood before and its actually pretty fun sometimes. You could get a dog too if thats an option.

3. Keep the heater on your hip at all times

4. I find its worth the extra $ to stay in a safer suburb outside the city.

Maybe that's just the white boy comin out of me

5. beat up the biggest meanest person you see there. then everyone should leave you alone

6. Don't be white

7. Yea I used to live in the hood of atlanta for a time. Its rough some days but met some good real people there. I did not show any of my things off to my neighbors though. Big ticket items I brought in box into the house. I did not have a gun at the time but sometimes I wish I did. I mean just stay to your business but don't be the loaner either. Enjoy your time I am sure you will love it once you get used to it.

8. We can't... He is in college and the commute is too long otherwise...

9. Invest in a good security system

10. Can you get security systems in apartments?

11. Probably not ADT or anything like that but some security cameras and door/window alarms

12. I'd still live with my parents until I could get something better. Fuck that

13. Get a dog. Doesn't need to be a Pitt bull. Blue heelers and catahualas ate very protective and just as good as the meanest pitt when being protective and just as good as the nicest labs to you.

14. stay strapped up and dont take no bulllshit

15. Lmao. Well it's too late for that!

16. You have to become kingpin. Just look like you belong and like you don't have much to steal anyway. There's no way of escaping it if you live in a bad neighborhood.

17. I've lived in bad areas and did a lot of work (community service for class etc) in even worse places. All I can say is, if you are a girl, don't travel alone, or even with one other girl friend. Travel with a guy at night that you trust. Keep your phone on you at all times, but don't be that person that is on your phone the whole time you are walking around...barely even look at it and don't keep headphones in your ear. Both those things will make you look like someone who isn't observant of your surroundings.

Keep walking around at night to a minimum, and try to walk around busy streets, back alleys and streets without a lot of traffic are bad ideas. You should be fine, really. Most crime is actually intra-racial, as in it is usually white on white crime or black on black etc, and even more so in the worse off areas, people usually won't bother you if you don't bother them, then again I am a larger male so ya that works to my advantage

18. You can get security systems in apartments. If you don't have one in your apartment see if the leasing office can get you a deal on one. Then even if you decide to do it on your own you will need a paper giving you permission to install it from your leasing office.

19. #19 Boomhauer, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    Get a pistol. You can get a shitty highpoint .380 for 150 bucks.

Naw but seriously, I live in the ghetto ( charlotte nc ) and the best advice i can give you is make like a fly on the wall. Keep to yourself and balls up if shits bout to pop off

20. Glock 20 or 29.