livin in the woods with my bro

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Deuro, Sep 13, 2012.

1. so.. here's what happened. i got in a fight with my mom. her husband decided to be a douche by adding fuel to the fire, you know.. inserting himself into something that is clearly between the two of us. i got sick of all their shit and decided to go live in the woods. my bro, D.S., got kicked out and we decided to just go campin' together. it's been about a week or so and it's actually better than living in a house. although, i don't like hearing the sketchy-ass noises in the woods. we've figured out most of the noises so far, although some still sketch me out... most of the time it's tree branches breaking and falling. i was thinking about doing updates on how things turn out and if you have any suggestions or advice, it would be appreciated. :)

2. Your woods wifi must be strong.

3. Ladies and gentlemen,

Henry David Thoreau Jr.!!!

:hello:

4. if the noises bother you.. wear ear plugs when you sleep...

Get some sort of personal protection if you don't have any... otherwise if you plan to continue living like this.. it'll only be a matter of time before you're robbed

5. I used to do this allll the time, my best advice would be to sharpen a long stick or something and always keep a fire burning... Having a bear wandering by your tent at 2am is a tense experience. Also yeah how did you post this if your in the woods?

6. Haha i don't have wifi, just a simple cellphone with one bar. if i hold my phone upside down and as high as i can, i can manage 2 or 3 bars. i have some personal protection but i was thinking about making a spear. so far i have a swiss army knife, hatchet, a couple throwing knifes and my bro has a couple blades too, i told him to bring essentials and he figured a sword is an essential -.- i decided to put locks on the tents as well. just a small preventative measure, but honestly, all you gotta do is tear apart the tent and you're in. also, we haven't come across any bears but we have come across some deer. the very first night, D.S., woke up to a bunch of stomping and snorting. scared the shit outta him cuz the animal sounded like it was challenging him. he didn't know what to do so he just stayed in his tent haha

7. Sounds pretty cool to be honest. You should build a badlands fort.

8. sounds like adventure time.

9. Hope you got a bunch of dank out there.

10. Subbed for sure. Good luck man hope you dont get eatan.

11. Good luck man. Your better off just apologizing to your mother though.

12. you brought a sword.. so.. you guys are like 15?

13. Y'all shower under the waterfalls and use RR in a hole? And swing though the vines from time to time, yelling?! Lol

14. I hope you watched enough discovery channel before you went into the woods bro!
    Nah serious, I lived in the woods for about 3months myself with a mate while we were on the run for the police, after 3 months I was 18 years old and all charges were dropped in the country I was living at that time.
    The first weeks are fun, if you have a job, keep going to your job, if you don't have a job, find one because once you start to hate the woods, you gonna hate 'em fast and you wanna go out.

Best of luck

15. How do you charge your cellphone?

16. i charge my cellphone either by my car or an outlet. i also have a part time job that gives me a decent income. haven't had any bud though, simply because all our $$$ has been going towards supplies. i didn't bring the sword, D.S. did. he's 22 but has the mind of a 15 year old haha. also, i managed to light a fire just by using a flint! now, i can light fires no problem, the one thing i'm having difficulty with is sustaining the fire though.. so any help would be appreciated. oh, and i ended up making a spear and hardening the tip with fire (we have other means of lighting a fire, it's just more of an accomplishment if you do it the hard way). if i get the chance, i'll try to post some pics of the spot we're located at. it's really a beautiful sight to wake up to.

17. you should get a pellet gun and learn to hunt. save a bit of cash on the protein. pellet guns can kill rabbit if its strong enough, and they can be relatively cheap. just make sure you can kill rabbits and squirrels without a license though.

18. man i am a pyro. sustaining fires is the easy part, you have to be prepared before you start the fire, you have to have lots of kindling, tonnes of mini sticks and twigs, leaves, dry grass.. that will help you get er going at the start, you have to have lots of fuel (big logs and lots of thick heavy sticks) make sure you build the fire so oxygen can get throughout the fire, you dont want a bunch of logs trying to light that will just smother the fire. work your way up from little twigs to sticks to branches to logs, build it slowly and do not smother it lol. blowing on the embers also helps alot to ignite the flames since it adds oxygen to the fire

19. building up a fire in a log cabin style will burn for a long time..

20. Why don't you and your bro get an apartment? Do you have snow where you live in the winter?