Live or Die?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Platypusmann, Feb 10, 2009.

1. I am a semi-experienced ebb&flow grower, and decided to switch to bucket DWC this time around. Only one of ten sprouts from seed even took off in the DWC and dropped roots into the water, but the one that did looked great.
    I bazttled temps in my bucket between 72 and 78 for a few days, and finally got them stabil by adding a frozen 20oz bottle 3 times a day. Kept them around 68-70.
    Still, a week ago, I had some jelly stuff (looked like snot or spooge) on my roots, and so I assume I had some form of root fungus/rot/algae/DEATH.
    I washed the roots in tap water. Did an H202 bath, and made a new sterile rez.
    A week has passed and the roots have not grown that I can tell. They are about how they looked after I rinsed and treated them.....snarled and beige. BUT...no darker, deader or any new slime.
    The plant is finally growing....2" in 24 ours and looks "ok". Some low fans are yellow, some rams horning on a few leaves. New growth looks good.
    All in all....DWC has not been for me.
    SO...shoudl I send this plant to 12/12 and hope it is a girl and recovers fully, or should I scrap her and start an ebb&flow with my new Hindu Kush seeds??
    I don't have the lights to do both, and I am hesitant to kill any plant without knowing sex...so I will let you decide...
    KILL OR SAVE??

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      142 KB
      Views:
    • 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      162.1 KB
      Views:
    • 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
    • 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      107.1 KB
      Views:
    • 025.jpg
      025.jpg
      File size:
      89.2 KB
      Views:
    • 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      88.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks like a nitrogen deficiency. As long as you are still using the correct formula, it will recover. To help prevent that root slime, lower your water level down until only a couple of inches of the root tips are in the water. The plant will still get its nutes, but it will let the main root ball dry out a little which will help prevent the slime you spoke of. It still looks pretty good, I would grow it till the wheels fall off!