Live Music 09

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Guerrilla_Minds, Jan 26, 2009.

1. So The Deads touring as well as Phish and This will be my first summer going to festivals besides Del Fest last year. The Dead are playing 5 times within a reasonable range and Phish is playing in PA. So many incredible bands are to be playing soon around my way Umphreys, Michael Franti, The Biscuits, Moe., STS9, Also Im hitting up All Good Del Fest and Rothbury whatever festivals The Dead and Phish Headline I will be there as well!!!

So who are you guys getting pumped to see this fine new year...

2. I wish I could make it out to Rothbury this year. Im a really big Dave Matthews fan and the band has yet to announce if they are playing at Hershey or Nissan Pavilion this summer, which really sucks. Gonna try to make it a point to find some sort of festival this yeah though. 10,000 lakes festival looks to be promising too.

3. Goal 1. See the Dead
    Goal 2. See Phish
    Goal 3. Go back to Rothbury/Bonnoroo

4. The only show I've caught so far this year is Slick Rick, I missed out on Wu-Tang :(

I'm seeing One Be Lo in march, and I plan on going to see Phish (if Cut It Out's offer is still good :D), and I might go to Mountain Jam again or something...

Something about those Jam festivals that I just love...(probablly the drugs...)

But yeah, with the exception of festivals, not a whole lot of dates have been announced for groups and artists I would like to see.

5. I can't wait for festival season either. I actually went to bonnaroo.com last night looking to get tickets and the pre-sale is over. Looks like I'll have to fight Phish Phans for my tix when they finally go back on sale.

Rothbury still has not been officially announced, even though the legal hurdle is out of the way. But that is the one I won't miss, no matter what.

6. I'm really hoping that I can make it bonnaroo this year; that is if the line up is good enough. Phish and Bruce Springstein have pretty much been confirmed at this point, so I need a really good 3rd headliner for me to go. But this year I want to see: RATM (again, they are so fucking good live), The Mars Volta (never seen em but have heard great things about their shows), and I would love to finally see STS9. I'm seeing a Pink Floyd cover band tommorow named The Machine, so I will let you all know how they are.

7. I just check one of my local venues.

P.O.S. and Doomtree are playing there in a little under a month :D

Glad I looked, I would have been pissed if I missed that show.

Grasscity Deals Near You