Little yellow bananas on nice buds?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tokenomics, Mar 18, 2013.

1. My plants have just started their 5th week of the flowering period and they've grown nice meaty buds chock full of crystal. They looked tremendous and still do, but I'm starting to experience a problem I had with my last crop. A couple of them have started growing tiny yellow bananas in the bud. I do not want them to ruin my crop, but what can be done? The hairs on my plants literally just started to turn from white to orange, but they definitely aren't what I would consider done because they still have plenty of white hairs.

I've read around about similar issues and a lot of people mentioned that plants will do this once they've already passed their ripe picking date. I would tend to believe that, but how could only a month of flowering be too long?

2. Might want to get out the scalpel?

3. vasectomy is imminent.

4. #5 Tokenomics, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
    So my fix is as simple as cutting off these little bananas as they appear? Won't they just keep growing back?

5. Yes. A few might but no big deal.

6. You can try spraying them with Reverse from DutchMaster, but it is most effective if you spray it early in flower.

Your best bet is going to be to just be vigilant and pluck those little nanners off as you see them.