Little Worried About My Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vokal420, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Alright I need your guys help (this is my first grow) and I have two nice plants on the way...After Germination I put them each in there own 2L bottle (all i had on hand at the time) and they were doing great 1 week from germanation had a sprout about 1 1/2 inch tall with 2 little leaves...So Yesterday i took the next step and went out and boughts some new soil, 2 8 inch pots, 2 cfl with lamps (23 watts each)...and fert. After carefully transplanting them to the bigger pots anding 5 drops of the fert to the water (Schultz 10-15-10 Liquid Plant Food)...They didn't droop or anything until this morning when i checked on them and one of the leaves on the larger guy (about 2 inches) is starting to yellow from the outside edges in. I check the soil is nice and moist, the lights aren't too close i don't think (2-3 inches away) and i have a pretty hefty fan blowing in there to keep the air moving. Any I Ideas whats wrong...I'm guessing Fert burn but not sure...also if it is fertburn should i just flush it with normal water?

2. Fert burn would be my guess as well. Baby plants feed themselves for the first two weeks, so avoid ferting in that time. Even after that, use only one quarter strength to start with and work your way up to full. Flushing the plants soil with pH 7.0 water would be your best bet also. Gluck . .

Gg

3. Alright man gonna do that now...Thanks for the quick response...If your ever in the Toronto area theres a bowl waiting for you:smoke: :wave:

4. HIGH All, your fert is good for Flowering...for Veg you need more N than P.

5. Would it hurt the plants or risk making them male or anything during the veg growing time? Or is the other ratio just better for fast growth during veg?

6. Dont use that fert for vegging.. get one with higher N value... also maybe move the lights a little closer.. maybe an inch away or so from the plant.. not to close or could burn but 3 inches seems to far..