Little White Bugs In Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XxJenxX, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Well if they are springtails...good on you. If you're a nature hater like some of these synth-heads you can get rid of them...or you can let them work on your soil they won't harm the plants.

2. Just posting here since I just this morning discovered a very similar issue on my plant. Only difference is, mine were actually crawling up onto one of my very first leaves (it was practically in the dirt, so that was probably why they were on the leaf)

No obvious damage to the plant, and nothing on the backside of the leaves (yet).

I'm going to try to take some nice HD video tonight if they're still there, but they look very much like the bugs in Jolly's video (posted on a previous page).

I'll post back when I get home & have the video uploaded. Hopefully they're just the harmless mites :eek:

3. Go Gnats kills'em with a quickness & is organic.

4. This is an old thread, but I would like to share my experiences. I read that myccohizae(sp?) will actually devour springtails!!! They do this and turn them into nitrogen! You can't makes things like this up!! I used "Super Plant Tonic" from Blue Mountain Organics, $7.95 on EBay.
    1 Tblsp per Gallon, the springtails were gone within 24 hours!!! Kinda creepy!!

5. I'm in a similar situation, a batch of my homemade soil is infected with tiny white mites, yet they haven't eaten any of my plants, so im guessing they are beneficial mites, decomposing things and what not. I decided to leave em in there and do their thing, as long as they aren't chewing my plants they are probably not going to be an issue, although the sight of having tiny little mites right next to my babies makes me uneasy roflmao