Little to no smell?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Cogni, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Hello GC its been a few years since my last grow/posts and now trying to get started again but need some help on an issue I had last grow which is odor! Last grow I had an open indoor(viewable in my past posts) grow which lead to a stinky stinky apt.
    this time I want to grow out of a closed grow tent 4x2x5 maybe like 2-4 small plants or 4-6 mini trees speared so its only one solid nug down the middle all hydro set up like before 1000w switchable but what is the best cheap way to eliminate or limit the smell in this type of set up the complex I live in now is way smaller and people would definitely notice this time

2. Move to a better place to live.

Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I live on a property that my family owns and i can afford..either way the county im in doesnt allow grow amyways ..I'm just worried about the neighbors complaining. ..

4. If you live in close quarter style residence like apt, condo's and townhouses, not having a proper inline fan and filter for odor is 100% uncool and unacceptable. Even though I grow, were somebody to behave that way, I can honestly tell you that I would not allow their grow to continue.

5. Ok......And that's why I'm asking what routes or options I have before starting up again.
    .. how does Your reply even cover what I'm asking?..

6. The filter works wonderfully when the tent is CLOSED. I'd recommend ONA gel or a DIY ona bucket (forum search) as a secondary, you have to open the tent sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanx...and yeah I'm reading up on a diy ona system that looks like fun too build

8. #11 ss tokenkopf, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014

I love to give advice, but the fact that your last comment admits you are in direct violation of forum rules it is kind of hard to help you. If you live in a county where it is illegal to grow than you need to move before you ask for help.

9. They don't allow outdoor grows in my county because of the situations it causes but indoor discreet grows are permitted with a medical recomendation which I have.. I don't want it to smell outside my place like my last grow where it smelt as if I was growing in my back area on top of it I don't want my landlord which is a family member to know about it

Any info on how to eliminate or reduce the smell to atleast what a smoke session smells like would be appreciated thanx for your time

10. Went with a ona bucket and is doing great with 5-6 plants!..no expensive carbon filter needed....smells like a laundromat when the liquid is recharged...and even when the ona smell is gone....the ona is still cleaning and keeping the air smelling good

the Chivon

• Like Like x 1
  11. Your buds are gonna taste like laundry -.-

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you leave the bucket outside of the grow room, you are fine. Even inside a tent, closet, or grow room, if you are not using intense amounts of Ona, your buds won't be affected. You can see some reports of it affecting the bud, but it begs the question of their concentrate levels/where the bucket is place.

I'm currently using one and have had no smell but im on my third week of flowering. The Ona bucket works for a small amount of plants I'm sure, without affecting the plant. If I fail with it or this poster does.. well shit, we fail lesson learned and money will be spent on a phresh filter. Expensive filters + fan setups aren't always easy to budget for if you aren't going with a proper 400+ watt, tent, the whole 9. You get what I'm saying lol.

• Like Like x 1
    yea, Iv smoked weed that I thought "WTF" perfumed weed?

• Like Like x 1
    back in high school,  a friend of mine started selling bud out of his mom's house. to cover the smell he stuffed his weed jars with dryer sheets. what was once dank bud now smelled like laundry. 

• Like Like x 3
  15. I actually have my bucket outside of my tent...and in low doses.and it is working awesomely for my 5-6 plants that are currently on week 2 of flowering. .my last grow at this point I was able to smell walking up too my property....and even when the laundry smell has died down the ona still neutralizes the plant smell...im actually loving this bucket and even if I got a carbon filter and fan to push the dirty air into...I wouldn't have room in my tent to put that bulky equipment.

the Chivon

16. I used to help people set up indoor grow rooms. and ventilation is the most important thing for smell. Like you need to think wind currents dude. You need to find where the air going. Seal it off or keep it shut. This is how i cleared my highschool room. I turned the fan on. My rooms the vents do not work as well. hot air rises cold air lowers. and my fan world blow air towards the door. so i close the door. and then the fan is sending strait out my window. Carbon Filters are great for security. But ventilation still needs to be considered.

17. I actually have a small fan set up in the right corner of my tent...pulling fresh air in...and have my vortex fan and speed control hooked up too my 1000w hood exhausting. .....thats what dude @pdud above just spoke about when he said about a set up having the "whole 9"....these are pics of my grow before flower and now during...I think I have it dailed in for the most part...no smell inside my place or outside

the Chivon

Attached Files: