Little tiny bugs in my soil.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by catfish swiming, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I have some soil that i used last grow. It is good soil and is full of pigeon manure which excelent for fast growth. But my problem is it has these little tiny white bugs.... How can i get rid of these tiny little bugs...? Also my 3 seeds are germinating in paper towels as we speak so the sooner the better. Thanks!

2. Ok I know of two possible solutions. I don't know what bug you have, but you can try these:
    1 I know walmart sells a peciticide spray that wont harm house plants, it works equally well for Mj plants. Just don't use it near your flowering time

2 Try spreading out coffee grounds on the surface of your soil. Some bugs are killed by the harshness of the coffee, plus it gives your plant some nutes. Just don't go over board and only place down grounds once, don't keep putting more on.

3. Try DE - it works great on soft-bodied critters, doesn't get absorbed by the plant, as insecticides can. Downside: loses its effectiveness once wet, so replenish (if needed) after each watering.