Little stains

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by igottheremedy, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Hi everyone, I'm an absolute belgian newbie here and this is my first time growing.:smoke:

After 2 weeks, little stains appeared on one leaf (from the second "level" of leafs). Can anybody tell me what it is? Too much water? Light? Or she's sick?

I'm growing indoor with a 500 watt spot (50 cm / 20 inches from the plant, which is white rose). I don't use fertilizer for the moment and i water her (she's alone) 2x1 liter of temporized water a day in a 30cm-diameter (=12 inches) pot (this pot is in plastic, I just change it 2-3 days ago, it was in a wine-box made of woods before that).

This leaf is the only one to be like that, so I removed it. There's also another leaf that has a very little stain of more "flashy-orange" colour on its very top. (do I have to remove this?)

please help :(

Attached Files:

2. ok now I AM sick, other little "flashy orange" stains just appeared on the very top of 3 other leafs, while being in their 4th of 5 hours of darkness and after the morning watering

3. Those aren't stains, they're called chlorosis and are a sign something you're supplying to the plant is not right for it.
    Unfortunately many problems have the same symptoms, it's very hard to know if they're getting too much of a nutrient, or too little, or even which nutrient out of all of them is the one causing the problem.

I guess you've looked on here now:
    http://mojo.calyx.net/~olsen/HEMP/IHA/iha03111.html
    did you find anything that might help?

Look closely at everything you're giving the plants, are you sure you're giving nutrients exactly as recommended?

GL man!

4. I think it might be too much water. I give her the same amount of water than before, but with my light higher than before and in a smaller pot. I think I'd just water it less and see what happen. I also reduce the distance between my light from 20 to 12 inches (as it was 2 days ago).

Is that possible that it's just a problem of water?

Thus, I didn't find much information about these chlorosis in the article, but I have a question : when chlorosis appear on little parts of a leaf, do I have to cut those parts or just let it be?

thanks for your help anyway !

5. igottheremedy, what kind of spot light are you using? HPS, MH and CFL's are all that is used to grow. Incandescent Spot lights won't work.

Second, what kind of soil are they in?

Third, what do you mean not feeding at the moment? Have they been fed before?

6. 1) we use incandescent spot, i know it's not very good, but she's doing very well for now and i hope we can borrow a HPS from a friend for the flowering...

2) ph 6,5

3) we just don't have enough money to buy fertilizers, but we're hoping to be abble to buy some around next week. and we've never fed it before.

thx for your help !

7. the problem was indeed the water. they're going well now.

so "voilà"

8. Can we se a picture of the entire plant?

9. for sure

sorry for the quality, I only have a webcam

it's now 18 days and 17 inches, and I can confirm that the problem was water, there's no more trouble for the moment.

I just had another problem 2 days ago, the plant grew so fast that I forgot to keep the spot away from 15 inches minimum and 2-3 leaves on the top burned, plus some little parts of other top leaves. I cut the 2-3 and I guess the others wil "nurse" themselve.

Comments (+ or -) are welcome, first try here !!! :)

PS : oh yeah, it's not an incadescent light, but an halogen

Attached Files:

10. Yeah, incandescent does not grow at all. Halogen is probably the worst light that will work. It is 1970'-80's technology. It looks like it is growing your weed but, I see the heat stress and lack of good spectrum in the stretch etc. Anyway, that is probably the nicest looking plant I have seen grown with a halogen.