Little question.

Discussion in 'General' started by theVirtuoso, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Well, to start off... a few months ago I was diagnosed with Clinical Depression, and since then more panic/anxiety problems, and I have seen both psychologists and psychiatrists.

Over the last few months I have been prescribed numerous things:

For Depression:
    - Zoloft
    - Celexa
    - and now Lexapro

For Anxiety/Panic:
    - Xanax

For Sleeping Problems:
    - Sonata

Now, the Xanax hasn't done shit for me, honestly... and I have asked for a higher dosage, but that was refused because of the addiction possability... and now I can't even get a real prescription. The only time it helped at all was when I took 2mg at least... anything less I was the same, if not more-so in a panic mode.

The Sonata worked for awhile up until about a month ago. I started using cannabis again to help my sleep, and still am... it helps the best. The dumbass psychiatrist wanted to drug test me and make me stop smoking weed even though we know its not the cause of these things... and from how he talked about cannabis made him sound like a complete idiot... he obviously knew nothing about it.

Now as for every single depression medication I have taken, I haven't found one bit of help from any of them... mostly side effects. Now as the doc said, if the Lexapro doesn't work, he would put me on another type of meds instead of an SSRI. I forgot to ask which kind most likely because I was pretty out of it that week and literally could not think straight.

I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? What are the other more-common depression medications used? Since SSRI's don't work for me, does anyone know what they are most likely to prescribe me?

Also, as for the anxiety/panic problems... does anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss on how to handle this as it seems to be my worst problems, especially at night, and I have no idea if theres a better medication more suited for me that would be easier to obtain than Xanax, as it seems every doc around here is against prescribing it, especially to an 18 year old who smokes weed and grew up poor in detroit... doesn't that sound like the perfect situation of someone looking for cheap drugs.

2. I'm surprised your doctor hasn't tried Wellbutrin. That was the only anti-depressant my doctor offered that didn't make me sick and actually seemed to help a bit. To be fair, I should tell you that I'm not taking them anymore, but that's mostly because I hate taking pills. The small amount of good it did (for me, might be different for you) wasn't enough to combat the nastiness of swallowing pills.

3. Yea, I'm done with SSRIs. Iv given my docs enough opportunity to help me with those... and they failed and I am sick of them throwin them at me.

Honestly... Wellbutrin was never even mentioned... they all focused around the SSRIs.