Little problem.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by â’¸anadianBuds, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Alright so I'm about a month or so away from harvest, and my investor decided to pull out due to his own mistake (Check my latest journal update). I am now left with no tent, but I still have the 600w Cool-tube. What should I do for a temporary setup while I can get some Panda-film and 2x4's to make my own?

2. U can grow anywhere the lights r . Tent or growing closet not a must . But during the flowering weeks u need to make sure wherever they sleep for 12hrs is completely dark .
    I got a whole bunch of cardboard boxes cut them up and made a cardboard house for my girl one year . Worked great as the cardboard absorbed the moisture in the small cardboard house so prevented molding on my girl :D

Afterwards I let my kids color the cardboard house and play inside it LOL

3. Lol that is the geek my man

4. Hey the little ones loved it for about 2hours then it was smashed up cardboard lmfao

5. Put them in a closet for 12 hrs a day till you get an enclosure up.

What a bitch for taking his tent, even if he's getting double his investment it's not like he put any work into it... what was he expecting, half a pound for a $200 tent?

6. He was expecting he gets 1/2 the yield from here on out. I tried to explain he's not a "shareholder" he's just an investor, and when he didn't like that I just told him to go fuck himself. He doesn't understand the amount of research and work put into growing, so thought he was entitled to just as much as I got. Pft...Yeah right. The room the tent was in is pretty small (About 5x7x8) so I might just put them in there and hang the light from the roof.

7. A frame with 2 x 4 s wrapped in Panda film will work great.

8. Why do you have investors?

9. Because from the start I didn't plan on having a 600w tent operation, but they insisted they wanted to invest. One of the investors is my brother, and he doesn't really care what he gets, as long as he gets his money back. The other investor, on the other hand, is an envious little bitch who wants everything for himself. He's been a friend since elementary, but jealousy gets the best of us.

10. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']Because from the start I didn't plan on having a 600w tent operation, but they insisted they wanted to invest. One of the investors is my brother, and he doesn't really care what he gets, as long as he gets his money back. The other investor, on the other hand, is an envious little bitch who wants everything for himself. He's been a friend since elementary, but jealousy gets the best of us.[/quote]

Ongoing partnerships almost never work. Enevitably one person ends up doing the work while others want to do as little as possible for the same reward and the one doing the work feels slighted. That goes for any business, Mj is no different.

11. Yup, pretty much sums it up. He would come every other day or so and help with watering or what ever, but obviously it's impossible for him to do the amount of work I've done, simply because the grow is in my house. He was under the impression he was doing half the work, when In reality he was doing maybe 1/4 of it, not including the research I've done. I'm just going to pay off my brother for the light, and then i'm done with investors.

12. [quote name='"CanadianBuds"']

Yup, pretty much sums it up. He would come every other day or so and help with watering or what ever, but obviously it's impossible for him to do the amount of work I've done, simply because the grow is in my house. He was under the impression he was doing half the work, when In reality he was doing maybe 1/4 of it, not including the research I've done. I'm just going to pay off my brother for the light, and then i'm done with investors.[/quote]

I hear ya, that is best. I have a friend that splits cost with me buy I have been very fortunate. He actually offered to give me a larger cut that agreed upon originally and gave me back about 2 oz just because I ran out. Such people are rare though unfortunetly.

Even still, when your watering plants at 2am or reading for hours to learn ways to grow better and increase yield it is a little hard not to wonder why someone else is getting a large cut.

13. Its not that much work to tend to a few plants, lets say you and your buddy had a warehouse with 2,000 plants then itd be a different story cause then itd be "work" your friend could have just saw no profit for himself because usually when you invest there is a certain amount of profit expected back, i wouldnt invest $200 bucks into something then have to wait 4 months to get those $200 back and nothing else, you also mentioned he goes over every other day to help

Kinda sounds like your being a bit stubborn OP

14. Not that hard to tend a few plants? Do you even grow? and it's not like he's getting exactly his moneys worth. He put in $350, and I was planning on giving him around $600-700's worth of bud. That's more than generous in my opinion. But that wasn't enough for him though, and he wanted 1/2 the bud from every grow from here on.

Also I should have mentioned the only real reason he's here every other day is to use my bong, because he's not allowed to smoke in his house.

15. Now that you have provided details i can say that double his investment is fair, by giving him $600 bucks worth of bud you are essentially "buying him off" because you repayed the initial investment

And yes i grow, small scale, but i grow and i can tell you, i dont consider my 4 plants "work"

16. It's not that it's "hard" work, but there's been a couple day's where I've been late for my job because I woke up to find my plants in desperate need of a watering etc. As well the research I've put into it, that's gotta be worth something.

I dunno, he just got envious and wanted what he didn't deserve, so he can go fuck himself.

17. #17 Doc-J, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    I would give him whatever was agreed upon in the beginning. If that was half the harvest so be it. Then I would be sure he knew that his $350 is considered to be repayed. We both know there is no way you agreed to supply this Guy with half your harvest for the rest of your life. That's damn near indentured servitude. If you didn't say it, then he should have no reasonable expectation that it is the case. If he bitches I would be sure to let him know not to bother me anymore, for anything.

18. That was the main issue is we never agreed on a firm payment, I guess we both had different ideas in our minds.

I told him I'm going to give him half of this grow, and after that I'm takin it all down. I'm not actually going to stop growing, but I don't need any loose ends thinking I still am.

19. The only problem is now you have one pissed off dude that knows where you live and that you are growing bud...think he'll snitch?

20. That's why I'm still going to give him half of this crop (It's hermie I don't really care) and then tell him I'm done growing. I'll still grow of course, but h'ell think I'm done, and then he's not so much of a loose end. The last thing I need is to get busted, especially while I'm on probation.