Little problem with PC Growbox. Need help.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by aguilar325, Mar 14, 2011.

1. #1 aguilar325, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
    Hey guys, first post and decided to start a little pc grow box project. I found about 4 old towers inside my garage and took the tallest one. While gutting it, there are these metal pieces in the upper right hand corner that are in the way. Anybody know how to remove these? Or should I just cover it with Mylar and only house 3 CFL's instead of 4? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Remove then and just reapply the front covers to them, make as much room as possible. Then light-proof it and start growing!

3. Definitely remove them they should be held by rivets, you can drill those out.

4. Yep you can see the little rivets that are holding the "guts" in. Just grab a drill and a 1/8" drill bit and go to town.

5. Ahh okay, didn't know those were rivets and removable. Thanks guys! I'll post some pics of the build and what I plan to grow soon! Much appreciated for the help!

6. Another question. How many CFM's should my exhaust fan be with a carbon filter attached? And how many CFM's for the intake? I currently have a 30.26 CFM Fan, would this be enough for the intake? My tower dimensions are 15.5'' x 7.25'' x 14.75''. Thanks!

7. I believe using a passive intake is more effective then using a fan for intake. The negative pressure created by the exhaust fan will suck cool air in from the passive intake and blow hot air out from the exhaust very quickly. If you have 2 fans I would suggest using both for exhaust (mount at the top of the case) and go with the passive intake (at the bottom).

8. That actually sounds like a good idea. I completely forgot about using a passive intake. I'll just build a light trap for the passive intake in case anybody decides to snoop around. Thanks m3tekk!

9. could you post some pictures of how your gonna do this
    im in the planning process of creating a grow box and could use all the help i can get

10. Ya I'll post some pics of my progress. I ran into a little snag about noise issues for the fans so im currently researching for new fans or some way to muffle the noise. I will post up some pics tho and put it in the grow journal section. So far i just lined the cage with 1mm mylar.