Little plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tcpuvgz, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Hey guys,
    Im growing two plants and one of them is growing much faster. The bigger plant did germinate 1 day earlier but they are currently like 5-6 days apart. This is the bigger plant:

IMG_1683.JPG

And this is the smaller one:

IMG_1687.JPG IMG_1688.JPG

As you can see, the arms are much shorter than the bigger plant's and it's kinda a problem, cuz Im mainlining the plants, so I have to LST some. Now the arms on the smaller plant has gotten ripe and thick-ish so its hard to bend it... And the arms are too small to do the bending now.. What do you reckon guys I do? Without this forum I would just wait and see what happens, but maybe you guys have a tip or advice that could prevent possible damage?

Buy Purple Bud Feminized seeds online- White Label

2. We can't see a fucking thing in that fucking light , JC man you want help or not ?

3. First, don't post pics under LED lighting. No point in wasting your time because it doesn't let us tell anything about the plant other than it looks purple. Secondly, as far as the size of the plants....if you'll just leave them alone and do basic maintenance on them, I assure you they will grow. The way you've got them topped/pruned, it's just going to take you being patient enough and letting the thing put on enough new growth for you to decide where to go next with it. As far as the difference in size...each plant grows at it's own rate. For what reason, I have no idea. I generally try to take an abundance of clones so I can only take the ones that grow the fastest and are the healthiest. The slower ones usually get plucked out and tossed. But if you've got the patience to wait, most of the time they'll eventually get settled in and pick up and grow fine. I've got one now that is beautiful and ready to get put into the flower room, but it's been a long time coming. You just never know how they're going to grow and have to be ready with whatever you get. You don't mention what strain of plant you're working with but I suspect it is an indica dominant strain with pretty close node spacing? When they're like that, they're slow growing to begin with because the nodes are so tight and it takes a while to get one to grow enough to do anything with and they generally have stronger stalks and stems and are an overall sturdier plant. Those strains are better suited for the cooler more northern climates. But I think your plant is ready for a repot. You generally repot when the plant itself becomes larger (wider and taller than) than the container it's in. You want to let your plant become slightly root bound before you upgrade in container size and you don't want to go from small to huge. The more soil a plant has to root into, the longer you're sitting there waiting for it to finish with the roots and start putting on new growth. Keep the container size relative to the size of the plant for fastest growth. New soil also gives your plant a fresh batch of food and you can back off the nutes and let the soil feed for you. The better quality grow soil you use, the less added chemicals you'll need. I think the makers of this stuff just try to convince everybody it's the "wonder drug" to grow a large healthy plant a huge dense buds, but it's not. What determines the overall outcome of your plant and yield, both quality and weight, is the lighting you flower under. Each plant needs adequate space and light to get the job done. The better strength and quality lighting you can flower with, the better the outcome will be at harvest time...in every way. Nutes are just plant food and the plant doesn't need any until it's finished with what it can pull from the soil. But with each repot and fresh soil, you get a fresh supply of feed. We repot ours about 3 times during the veg cycle...over a 10 week period, and only start nutes a couple of weeks before time for the flip to flower. I continue you them throughout flower, but a a reduced concentration. I've found if I hit them with normal recommended ppms, it fries them. The less you stress a plant, the better it grows and does overall. And you can always add more nutes if they need it, but you can't get out what you've dumped in already. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey TWW, thanks for your reply. Here are some stats that can tailor your help to my plants:

Tent: 3x3x5
    Light: 300W LED (140W actual)
    Strain: Purple Bud (75% indica)
    Pot: 1.7 gallon
    Desired height: 1.8 feet
    Training type: mainlining
    Number of colas per plant: 8

Do you still think I need a repot? Ive grown before and with my current pots I grew a 2.5 foot plant.