little help with finishing touches on my grow-wardrobe

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Khazad, Oct 10, 2009.

1. So i have a wardrobe made into growbox. The height is 2.75m,width 1,10m, lenght 1m.
    The lamp is 600w Sylvania, ventilation system is 410 kubic meters per hour, and the filter is 520 cubic meters per H.

tomorrow i will upload photos with good quality to see how i made it.
    but i have some questions that i need to fix before i start growing the herb.

I have this termohydrometer but i'm am not sure where to put the little diode-like metal thing? Or it doesn't matters where it is?? Thats bacause i see different numbers from different spots in the box?!

2. That's a lot of air circulation.
    Approx 3cubicm space - extraction 410 per hour/3m = 103 times per hour = once every 34 secs...
    You shouldn't get heat issues with that :) In fact it might be nearer a wind tunnel than a grow box lol
    As regards the hygrometer just place it half way up, there's gonna be no damp corners etc with all that turnover of air...

:hello:

:smoking:

3. in fact my temperatures are +\- 30 degrees C.Tommorow i will make further tests with the temp.

Yeah the air circulation is good but like a meter from the lamp is hell like heat. And one more questions what are the best temperatures for lights on and lights off. I know that when the lights are on the teperature must be lower than 30 degrees C and with lights off no less than 20 degrees C. Is that true?

4. Well some peeps will say that as in the wild many strains grow in 35-40c too much heat is rarely an issue. But I think there's agreement that 20 - 30 is about right if you can get that range.

I'm not 100% sure what type of light you have. Is it MH or HPS ?

5. #5 Khazad, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    My lamp is 600w HPS named Sylvania, the box is roughtly 1 square meter.

here are some pictures for better view, cuz is hard to imagine.

The budshot is nebula weed, very good quality for the best price 7 euro/g. :)

I have question do the diode thing of the thermometer needs to be on shadow or doesn't matter ???? Because I thing that the light from the lamp is warming it.

WE are amateur but we want to go pro!!!! :)

Attached Files:

6. Nice set up!

The thing is the hps isnt great for vegging as they germinate etc. Can you start off with daylight cfl's? You could leave a couple on during flowering to top up.

Put your measuring stuff on the floor, there's no cold spots in there!?

7. I will start the first season by buying 5-6-7 clones and veggin' them 2 weeks. After that I will switch to to 12/12 and start the flowering frase.

After the first season or two I could make second smaller box for 1 to 3 mother plants and some clonies. I'll probably try the second box with cfl's.

------

Does this ventilation system needs to be on 24/7???

8. I'm not sure you can get 7 in there. They could bulk up a lot during flowering, depending on strain.
    What about 4?

You got the plans right mate.

9. i gonna try LST so bulking up is not a problem :)