Little help on constructing a grow box.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hopscotch123, Jul 23, 2015.

1. New person on the forum, read through a lot of topics and think I have got most of it worked out.

I have a 400w grow light kit on the way: Wing reflector, 400 watt dual HPS bulb, 400 watt ballast and ratchet hanger. Also the soil etc is already here and waiting.

Couple of questions:

I have gone for auto seeds as they seems to tick the boxes for me as a new grower. Have plenty of space for me to create a grow room/box. I looked into the tents but I love abit of DIY so have opted to create my own box.

Looking for the ideal measurements for a 400w box to create. Was thinking of using a 2x1 wooden frame so looking for the perfect dimensions and also what material to box it in after making the frame.

I have 4x80mm computer fans for ducting (in/out) and odour smell is not a problem at all in my situation thankfully.

Many thanks in advance.

2. 4x4 is a good footprint, use the 2x1 for the Frame and wrap it in panda film, you could even use Mylar for inside reflectivity

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you, what about the height of the box? Panda film and mylar?

4. I like 6' height, and either panda or Mylar, you could do both but 1 will work just as good, I prefer panda film over Mylar, Mylar is to fragile and tears easily

5. Build your box as tall as you can. You can't build it too tall.

6. ya need 2 sq ft per girl in 5 gal pots. have a full 8 ft ceiling and plenty of air movement. panda film is tough, I have it on the floor over carpet and it can be antiseptic