Little girls... no really

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joesmoker, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Hey GC i like to experiment. Jezz everything I do is an experiment. Anyway I've been tryin to Grow 12/12 from seed. Gave up on that and decided to veg for like a few days from breakin the soil at 24/0, then once they got established straight to 12/12.(Yeah,bagseed, but i got good bagseed!:D) Sooo, I got 12 males in a row. and just tonite a girl.:)
    Anyone have any experience with this? I mean, genetics or bad lucK?

2. i know back in the day at overgrow people used to grow 12/12 from seed to try and get sort of what autoflowering plants are today just does work as efficient , you want to try and veg for two weeks and then putt em into 12/12

3. So, does this mean that if you put plants into 12/12 from the get go, seedlings, that they are more inclined to become male? Just curious, because that is what I have done with 8 seedlings this past week. Also, I put them in flowering solution... is this ok, or should i switch the flowering nutes for veg nutes?

4. mmm well are you growing in dro? And well i am sure it stresses the plant to some point growing from 12/12 but you shouldn't have that bad of ratio i don't think. If i were gonna have them in any solution it would be a veg solution and it wouldn't be too strong as they are seedlings. Any more questions are welcome any way i can help you.:)

5. I hear that the percentages go 50/50 for Males and Females..makes sense I guess...

By that rule you could compare the sex of marijuana to a coin toss...
    According to statistics you can flip and have it come up heads 100 times in a row but the 101'st throws chances of coming up tails is still 50/50...

Kind of sucks for you but, its a big shit sandwich and we all have to take a bite. LOL

I'm....I'm just stoned..

6. Auto and Paint.... thanks for the info... yes hydro. I actually started them in veg sol for 1.5 weeks and 24/7 light. I would think that if the light cycle has anything to do with sexing, that my start could only help my female ratio. As for the coin flipping, yes... make perfect sense. And yes.... you are high..... and I AM jealous:)

7. Wow, cool. been on Mars the last few days and you guys took interest. Yeah, killed two more boys. 14-1. boys beat girls. Just an observation. I've got as many girls as I could have wished for.
    OK seriously in the midst of that awfull ratio I let 5 veg big and all 5 are girls. (!!!:eek:)
    Most of the boys were a bit light deprived, not cared for 100%.
    But I have one 6" girl +5:smoking:

8. Ah yes, Mars... the red eye planet... my fav in the solar system:) Wow! All the long term veggies are fem? Very kewl! And all but one of the short/no veg plants are male... very interesting. I had vegged 7 plants for almost two months, 5 of them are fems and are currently flowering. So, with the bunch I have in flower now that are youngsters/seedling with only 1.5 week veg might have a higher male ratio?...... science experiments are fun! I will post results as soon as I know.... and hopefully post some pics as soon as I get a working digi.