little brother got a dui

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeandBlow, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Last night my 16 year old brother got a DUI. Apparently he was at a party in a field near some church and the cops come, so everyone started freaking out and taking off. He ran into his car and tried to drive off, but before he could even get out of the parking lot he ran into bushes and halfway flipped his car. He was arrested and taken to jail for like 3 or 4 hours. He has a prior misdemeanor charge for possession of marijuana. How fucked is he? Anyone who has experience with DUIs, could you tell me what you think he'll get? He blew a .21, btw.

2. Probably community service, counciling, take his license till hes 18, probation, DUI classes

3. Damn, that really sucks dude. Hope it all works out.

4. .21? damn, now we know why he flipped his car... the boys in court arent gonna be to happy with that...
    if i had to bet id say hes gonna get probation(w/ possible random drug tests) and a suspended license till hes 18/21, depending on the state
    i cant say much, cause ive thankfully beaten 2 dui's in court, thanks to a good lawyer, so thats my only suggestion, spend big bucks, and get a good lawyer.

5. That license is defunct for years.

6. Your brother is pretty stupid man, and that's coming from someone with 2 DUI's under his belt.

He risked getting a DUI or possibly killing himself to avoid getting an under age drinking ticket?

I mean, it's one thing to drive after you drink, but hopping in your car to run from the cops is the dumbest thing you can do drunk or sober.

I'm sure they're going to throw the book at him, he won't be driving anywhere until he's 21 probably.

7. On the bright side... since he's a minor, there's a good chance he'll have the opportunity to get the charge erased from his record by doing drug and alcohol classes, community service, drug tests, etc. Just as long as he doesn't fuck up again. But yeah for sure no driver's license until he's 18.

8. its a toss up,

sounds like a case closed, but he is a minor so it could go both ways. . .

def losing the license, thats manditory.

9. Mandatory jail time around here...& that automatic, no need to even bother getting a lawyer. It should be that way.

10. Were the dui's themselves pretty bad? Should we even bother getting him a lawyer if it's as bad as you all say?

11. if i was in your situation, i would do whatever i could to get my brother the best lawyer possible, you dont want your brother facin' a judge and not knowin what the fuck is goin on...you feel me?
    even if they dont beat the case, at least your going to know whats going on from a lawyers point of view.