Little bit of a problem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bluer6, Sep 1, 2011.

1. What's going fellow growers, so here's the deal I recently started an AK47 it's currently growing nice in a rock wool cube which will go in my bubble bucket, only a few days old and no tap root out the bottom. Here's the problem/question, on Friday I'm leaving for 1 week and won't have anyone to look after my girl, I was wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the chances of it surviving a week without any tlc or am I SOL. I've heard someone say to soak the cube before I leave then put a dome with a hole on it to keep the moisture in. Will this work, any other suggestions or will I be fine and have a nice looking seedling when I get back. Now the trip isn't cancelable, I'll be at PJ20 and then at the Packers vs Saints season opener so I'm not above to give that up. Input, would be great, help a noob out.

2. i'd suggest just putting it in the bubbler even though the root is not out of the cube yet. just make sure that the water is high enough that the rockwool stays moist (usually have the water up to the bottom of the mesh pot). the bubbles should keep everything moist and you'll only need plain pHed water. roots will take 10-15 days anyway.

3. Hey green or anyone else reading this, I just got back from my road trip and the make shift setup I made to keep my girl kickin' has rocked her socks off. What I did was buy a small plastic container that I filled up with my water/nute/micro solution and the attached it to the net pot and all I good do was hope for the best. Well have a look at the pics, she's just over 1 week old and check out how she's flourished and the size of the root already. The last pic shows what see looked like when I left.

Attached Files:

4. glad it survived :)