Literally nothing is the way it seems

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Citygrasslol, Apr 10, 2016.

1. With that last statement, people don't want to know the truth, they just want to feel what they believe is true.

That is how the brain operates. What you put into yourself is what you get out. If you put in this almighty truth, or at least believe it, that is the result. You believe your knowledge to he the almighty truth.

This goes along with the power of affirmation. If you tell yourself every night before bed, "I am worth it. I am thankful for opportunity, etc." You will see a change manifest itself in your life whether it be growing self confidence or humbleness, etc.

Another example is anxiety. When someone is having an anxiety attack, what ever they are anxious about is very real to them. Your brain has the power to change your reality. Because after all, perception is reality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  2. You're absolutely right religions have definitely been manipulated by humans for their own agendas. Recently I've started reading about the relationship between humans and God it's very enlightening and I don't feel as though it has any agenda to it our than helping to build that relationship. The book is called The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren if you have enjoy reading at all. Normally I don't really enjoy books, but this one has been great thus far and doesn't even seem to be geared towards any particular Christian denomination

3. I'll have to check it out. As of recently I'm coming to the idea that we are god. We are all the same and connected to everything and love is the liberator (is that from a movie haha). The more and more I read about these things, I am finding we are much more powerful beings than we take credit for. And not in the sense of holy shit I just shot fire from the palm of my hands. (That's a work in progress lol)

I love reading, but sometimes lack the will power hehe. I'll have to check it out and put it on my list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. The book is all about love haha it's sort of cool too the author only wants you to read a chapter a day which works for me because the chapters are like a few pages mostly. I think the last book I read before this one was Halo The Fall of Reach lmao

5. #65 zmessengerz, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think our society needs to reset. Get back to our roots do what's right, and help each other out. We need to shut down the senseless drug war and come to together to protect the environment from greed

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah dude, I think it's a possibility that there is some higher being out there, but all that religions do is guess at what they think is right and fight with people of other religions.

• Like Like x 1
  8. When in reality, nobody knows for sure. But each religion seems to think they're the best

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think I have that same view .

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is a higher being out there and there is none other than him, he is the most gracious the most merciful master of the day of judgment he alone we worship and he alone we ask for help in everything all we ask is that he forgives us for all our sins and transgressions and leads us down the straight path unlike those who have been lead astray none deserves to be worshipped but God alone

• Like Like x 1
  11. And you are the one to decide who is being led astray and who is doing the leading, right? By what authority? What official designation do you have that makes your opinion and your faith absolute? I'm gay. Does that mean because I don't follow your God's path I'm destined for "punishment?" I always find it amusing how people can talk about mercy, grace and benevolence out of one side their mouth and eternal damnation/punishment/torture on the other. I have a sneaky suspicion you have an agenda and it's a recruiting agenda. You have been very shady and evasive about your "faith" and what you believe. There are some hints with your phrasing and personally I find it deceptive and a bad representation of your faith.

If you really believe you follow the "One True God" then you would be shouting it from the rooftops not skulking around niggardly throwing out hints and dodging direct questions. It's not honest and I don't believe that a One True God would want his disciples/followers/faithful/congregation? gaining membership through half-truths, outright lies and sophistry.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Every religious text that contains all those rules of thou shall & shall not, were all written by men. God did not sit down & write the Koran, Bible, etc.

I read something once that always kept me from being controlled by a thing. If God does not exist, he was created as a means to control the masses. If God does exist, there will always be people that will twist his meaning to justify their dominance of the masses. There lies the heart of righteous cruelty.

I have my beliefs & they are mine. All of you have yours.

I never impose my beliefs on anyone. I have always gone my own way & I do not mind if I go alone.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looks like I missed a colorful response. lol :/

14. If I had my own world everything would be nonsense...Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise everything that is wouldn't be and everything that isn't would...

15. At the end of the day, every single member of the ruling class elite, used to once be a young, rebellious teenager with idealistic world views.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I wonder if some(a lot) of these people are mentally sick. For example, people with narcissistic disorder appear more frequently in "high end" jobs such as a doctor. That isn't to say all doctors struggle with this issue.

Your perception determines reality. How you perceive life defines the life you live. What are some of these people thinking?

Another side note. What if the ruling class is only trying to establish power to maintain the existence of the human race. Plot twist hehe.

17. Personally I believe that you can be whatever you want as long as you're growing your relationship with God. That's all I ever try to do be myself and create a better relationship with God. If you don't share my perspective that's fine and dandy by me. Maybe I'm a bad Christian, but I don't feel like I'm bad

18. But the important thing in this is you're not the one making policy. You're not the one leading others to discriminate and hate because of errant religious beliefs. You're not the one recruiting others to follow your way of life and teaching them to perpetuate the hate and discrimination. It's Christians like you who need to speak up and share your spiritual path. Christ himself spoke about fence sitting Christians.

Revelation 3:16 King James Version (KJV) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

He also spoke of bringing a sword and a division. This is what he is talking about. Stand up for what you believe and speak out. Start changing the hearts and minds of your fellow congregants. Take the church back from the adversary. Christ never spoke about hate or discrimination. He only talked about loving your fellow man and living an exemplary life. Hate is the province of Satan not God.

• Like Like x 1
  19. if god does not hate why does he punish?

20. Do we not punish our children even though we love them? The trials and tests on earth are nothing when he embraces you in paradise beside him.
    Or I think that's what the thought is regarding pain and trauma when trying validate the loving image he got in the new testament.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1