Literally nothing is the way it seems

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Citygrasslol, Apr 10, 2016.

1. We are all taught things by society from an early age that we're instructed not to question. It scares me to see so many people grow up not questioning society and the world, because this country is brainwashed to the point that we don't think we're getting brainwashed. And other countries are brainwashed as well, I think everyone is. But this country straight up lies in saying that we have freedom and That it's the country of the free and the brave.....yet, I look around me and see everybody is brainwashed.

• Like Like x 5

2. Elaborate.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Think about the way that from a young age, we're taught that America is the "greatest", and capitalism is the only way to go, everybody needs to go to college. We hear these things and at a vulnerable age we don't know any better but to believe. So we do, and we spend our lives not questioning the things we were taught. There's so many more examples cause I see them everyday, I just need to think. It's just crazy to me that everybody thinks it's out of the question that we all are just brainwashed by society over our whole lives.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Like, it seems to me that people don't think for themselves for the most part because they already base their actions on what is acceptable in society.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Or what they think is the only way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm right there with you man for the longest time I believed this country was the greatest because of " freedom, democracy, American dream, yada yada" but now being a few years removed from high school and seeing our country compared to the rest of the world I find myself questioning many things that I was "taught" from a young age

• Like Like x 3
  7. This is the one area where we are brainwashed. College is great for some, but for others it is 20 years of debt to get the same job.

• Like Like x 4
  8. #8 zmessengerz, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  9. You know, people talk about being "Brainwashed" and being "Taught" but the thing that strikes me as funny is how all this shit that we have been taught would be lost very quickly if our world were to descend into chaos. Those same things that we were brainwashed by and taught by we would be relying on to teach to our people so not everybody is just killing each other.

Even like the internet.. If the internet was just gone tomorrow, our race would change forever. The truth is that we need all this shit, the brainwashing, the internet, the schools, we need it all, but those same things that we need do not need us and that is why our race is ultimately doomed to fail. If the planet needed us, it would protect us, instead its trying to throw itself into another ice age just to survive what we are doing to it.

We are not needed in the universe, simply wanted and the second we are unwanted, we will be gum on the heel or another animal in the zoo.

I believe the things that we are taught are very "base" for the world that we live in today, but once the world we live in ends, and it will, i think all the things that we have been taught will become at the height of their relevancy to us, rather than just simple facts that we can write off because we have access to things like google.

The universe has spoiled us. Look at how everything else on this planet lives and then look at us. We are kings and no kingdom lasts forever.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yessir, a great opportunity for some, but not for all.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And while we make every kid think he needs college, the prices are being raised.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Thanks for the support bro, you're absolutely right. I think the problem lies in what society considers acceptable, and it's like we're not allowed to break free from the normal ways of living or thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I agree whole-heartedly with what you're saying, too often we forget to include other species as a part of our society. Every living thing on this planet has a right to be here just as you do. Ownership of anything is seriously bogus considering all those resources came free from the land. How do you "buy" land? How Do you own a piece of earth? Who do you buy it from? Same with clothing or even food. How can you sell something that grows naturally (in modern day I understand the work it takes to grow but I mean say wood companies that cut down trees to sell.) I can't wrap my head around the idea of owning things on the planet produced by the planet which are how things started, even if you plant something and grow it the seeds came from our planet so how do you own it any more than I do. Our society has come so far from that to ensure that everybody works hard and sticks to the system. Good or bad that's your opinion, but it's a system we are brainwashed into.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ah, it's like little waves of relaxation in my ears.

15. Thats an interesting view...you got me thinking bro. I think there's a lot of truth to what you said.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Like the way cannabis is still considered a schedule 1 drug with "no medicinal use" when cocaine and heroin used to be sold over the counter in drug stores like candy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  17. Do you realize brainwashed people don't think they are brainwashed? Maybe you've been brainwashed into thinking everyone but you is brainwashed. That would be a more likely scenario, eh? But if it were true then you would of course deny it because that's what your programming makes you do.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I usually have thoughts like these when I'm stoned, not sure why but I realized more things like this when I'm high rather than sober.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Totally agree with you though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I agree all you can do is teach your kids what's what so they will land on their feet and not expect anything from anyone .1# rule the government lies as soon as your born your a commodity bought and sold

• Like Like x 4