Listeners and Talkers

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Budwisesir, Feb 16, 2009.

1. #21 bkadoctaj, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    Not a talker, are you? ;)

Oh, and I think you meant "your teeth do not move".

2. #22 kms brown, Feb 19, 2009
    Im more of a listener, but I also put in my input at the appropriate time for one main reason.

Yes, talkers do talk a lot more than people who just listen, but it doesnt mean that they are not observing and learning. When your a listener and your listening to a talker rabble on your not learning anything, just thinking deeply about things you already know and trying to expand those ideas and experiment with them. At least thats what I used to do.

The thing is though when your talk and interact with people, or throw in that one sentence to get the conversation on a mentionable topic you truly begin to learn. About you, the people around you, and society. Even they're own life experiences can have long learned lessons if you have a good ear and thought process. Maybe what they're talking about is stupid to you but if interests them so much then try to figure out why, dont just assume they're talking for the sake of it. If they're talking because they dont like silence, find out why, ask questions, maybe you have some of the same characteristics. The best time to do this is with strangers, co workers, and people you only know the name of. The more you learn about other people the more you learn about yourself.

3. #23 FCFondler, Feb 19, 2009
    It depends who is doing the talking. then its a matter of subject and whether they are qualified to speak on it justly

4. We have no right to express an opinion until we know all of the answers.