List Your Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by kG_Blazed, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I'll start. Please list your sources. Also, if you've got a quote you like that you wrote yourself, feel free to throw it up on the board.

"I've got to get in shape now, too much city has ruined my body, too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on i will do 50 push ups each morning, 50 pull ups. there will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on it will be total organization. Every muscle in my body must be tight.

The idea has been growing in my brain for some time now. True force. All the kings men cannot put it back together again." - Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver

2. ^ very good

"The soul which has no fixed purpose in life is lost; to be everywhere, is to be nowhere."
    - Michel de Montaigne

3. "Sometimes you're flush, and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you're gonna get up again, but life goes on. Remember that. Money isn't real george, it doesn't matter, it only seems like it does." - Ray Liotta, Blow