List of Mindfuck Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Revolution, Jul 11, 2009.

1. I love watching movies that fuck with your mind in any way. Let's keep a list going!

(Mindfuck movies can be trippy movies, psychological thrillers, movies with good plot twists, and any other kind of movies that made us go :eek: )

Suicide Circle
    Noriko's Dinner Table (sequel to Suicide Circle)
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    SLC Punk
    Zeitgeist
    Momentum
    The Matrix
    A Clockwork Orange

2. Fight club!! end is weird.. o_O
    also there is an episode of futurama called 'farnsworth paradox' that fucks with you big time..
    how does SLC punk mindfuck u?

3. The Butterfly Effect

4. I can't really say it... but the main plot twist of the movie. I was all :eek: NOOOOOO!

More movies:

12 Monkeys
    A Scanner Darkly
    Pulp Fiction

5. the cell (Just watched that today)
    naked lunch

6. Hard Candy (R)

The Deer Hunter (M15+)

I'm sure i can think of more over time... unfortunatly my brain likes to repress memorys of these types of movies:smoke:

7. Donnie Darko

8. Adaption
    labyrinth
    The Wall
    Soylent Green
    Snatch
    Pan's Labyrinth
    The Hills Have Eyes
    28 Days Later
    Silence of the Lambs

I'm quite a fan of mindfuck movies lol :rolleyes:

9. Well since Zeitgeist is on the list I guess it's safe to mention The Obama Deception since it follows along those same lines.
    Some other pretty good mindfucks that I can think of without looking at my collection:
    Kids
    Gummo
    Ken Park
    Trainspotting
    Irreversible (somewhat difficult to watch)
    Soilent Green (if you like older movies)
    The Machinist
    Pink Floyd's The Wall (must see while under any hallucinogen)
    2001: A space Odyssey
    Waking Life

All are very well done films from my perspective. Some are a bit more disturbing while others will leave you wondering wtf happened. Either way i think everyone should these movies at least once.

10. i'm surprised how many people like gummo.
    it seems like they were trying way to hard for the 'shock factor', but to each his own i guess..
    all of the other movies you listed i completely agree with though :)

11. watch Pi, definitely a great movie

12. Aaaah I forgot about Pi. What a great movie. I got it with Requiem in a 2-dvd pack.

13. I'm glad someone mentioned The Machinist. It's such a dark, depressing movie and there are so many times during the story that you think you have everything figured out but then you learn something new that totally trips you out. I wonder why this movie is so underrated..

Also, props on Trainspotting, Irreversable, Kids... Great list.

I'd also add Memento if it hasn't already been mentioned in this thread.

14. la moustache

15. the prestige
    the machinist

16. I'm surprised no one mentioned Memento. The point of how the movie is shot is to put the viewer in the eyes of the main character who was indeed mindfucked. Other than being a mindfuck movie, it is also one of the greatest most intelligent movies ever created.

17. omg so my friend and I came across that movie one night and the description said it was about a guy who shaved his moustache and nobody believed that he ever had one. And we were like, no way, there can't be a movie purely about that. But low and behold, it truly was a movie about that. Crazy and hilarious. I wouldn't say its a mindfuck by any means.

18. I mentioned Memento about 3 posts before yours, but yeah it's a great movie. Definitely defines the term "mindfuck".

19. idk its pretty psychological
    ha yea memento too