Collab List of High Quality Glass Makers

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bballnut413, Mar 5, 2012.

1. I own a sheldon black, Ph(x) and i personally like them both.

2. kind creations

3. neither i have ehle 500ml and is super strong and smooth no lag either, just as nice as any high end straight tubes

4. Gear is pretty decent

5. Look at some erik krunk pieces if you want to see high end :)

6. Also what about korey cotnam. Wicked glass artist. Everyone mentions SG, and toro but their is a lot of artists i like much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. roor tech.

i understand roor was mentioned. or am i getting too technical.

keep it trilla.

8. Chris Vela, Banjo, JAG, Royal Glass, and Phil Seigel are all top notch as well

9. How does Dan from Apix Designs compare to people on the list? I am new to fancy glass but his stuff looks very nice and it isn't china glass. Not sure exactly what makes a glassblower high quality to be on your list. I took it to be the quality of the piece to withstand breaking/cracking, etc.

10. Has David Goldstein been mentioned? Certainly some of the best diffusion in tubes out there.

11. Dan for sure is top notch and he has been on the scene forever

12. message deleted.

13. Yeah bro you're list is wack

Catagories?
    -heady
    -scientific

14. How has nobody mentioned Pulse?? Their pieces are straight mindblowing

15. I don't think they've quite made a name for themselves yet. They seem relatively new, and while some of their designs are cool, I'm not able to speak as to the quality or originality

16. Just because roor germany doesn't want to put in a bunch of percs on their tubes doesn't make them lower quality. I have never seen a bad joint on a german roor, or uneven ice pinches, bad welds, bubbles in the glass etc. I don't think their level of quality control is second to anyone.

High quality does not mean innovation, high quality reflects the craftsmanship. There are more flaws in sheldon black pieces than german roors. There are bubbles in the bridge on my mobius matrix disc bubbler, I see bubbles and uneven color on the bowl of my sg pillar, the mouthpiece on my goldstein tube is thicker on one side than the other. My lil sis roor is about as perfect a piece as I've ever seen.

17. How about ReefLife?[​IMG]

18. #79 ♥ TrAin x Wr3cK ♥, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Depends on what you mean but ill just go with....off top of my head....

Sov
    Mobius*
    B Wilson
    Toro
    Pyrology
    Dirty Rico
    Snob
    Pulse (Friend has Pulse and its smoothest piece ive hit, $700+ tho)

19. The best glass is local glass in my opinion, the guy I go to makes lanterns and vases, and has been for 50+ years! The last piece I bought was for a friend, cost 400 bucks and has a lifetime guarantee, seriously. If you accidentally drop it and it shatters, he will replace it.