Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

List of documentaries or books on the good and bad of marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by kzm007, Oct 7, 2010.

1. What are some engaging books or videos concerning both the good and the bad of marijuana?

I'm looking for a sticky-type of thread with gathered links, so please post links in replies neatly. Yeah, I know this is already on-site in different threads; I'd just like to see it organized and filed.

2. well if you would like to see it then why dont you do it?

just because you don't want to spend time on something doesn't mean its okay to just let other people do it for you. you'll learn more looking for yourself anyway

3. Woody Harrelson (sp?) narrated a doc several years ago called "Weed".
    I liked this one because not many "weed" or "War on Drugs" movies, ever expose Mr. Harry S. Anslinger, as the douche burglar that he truly was. its' worth a watch i would say. :wave:

4. You were polite and not an asshole. Thanks for giving me a few tips. There's also The Union, 2007 as well as others. Thanks also for mentioning Harry Anslinger - I think he was mentioned in The Union also, but I seem to have missed it,

5. How Weed Won the West [download]
    Download How Weed Won The West with Graboid
    Self-explanitory

Cannabis: The Evil Weed? [download]
    Download Cannabis: The Evil Weed? with Graboid
    The good and bad of marijuana

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High [stream]
    The Union: The Business Behind Getting High | Documentary Heaven | Watch Free Documentaries Online
    A GrassCity favorite. Or just a pothead favorite.

Super HIGH Me [stream]
    Super High Me | Documentary Heaven | Watch Free Documentaries Online
    Comedian Doug Benson's very uplifting parody of "Super Size Me". The same but with weed

In Pot We Trust [stream]
    In Pot We Trust | Watch Free Documentary Online
    The medical side of marijuana in a documentary

Hope all of this helps. Have fun.

6. hey bro, no problem at all.
    If ya got the time on your hands to help, then help. Thats just my theory.
    Funny that you mentioned the Union, i just watched it afew weeks ago, and theres like a 1-2% i MIGHT have been smoking alot that day.. IF you notice, theres a great inconsistency amongst the Weed docs, when it comes to "the initial outlawing of cannabis". "Weed" wants to tell you that it had to mainly with the large influx of immigrants coming to America from Mexico. At this time in our history, no scientific evidence was available to inform The People of the harms (or lack-there-of) of smoking cannabis. They (mexican immigrants) were scapegoated / blamed for the rise in cannabis use amongst the population, in other words:
    More Weed in U.S. + simultaneous Mexican migration to U.S. + our govts' unconstitutional hypocritical ways = Ban Bud, Ban Mexican immigration.
    2 Birds.. One Stone, type shit.
    I forget "The Union" angle on this specific matter, but i remember it being different than "Weed", simply for the fact that, Weed is the only doc i've seen that has used the Mexican Influx theory.
    And then of course, there are the ones that say it was a huge threat to the timber industry (420 episode of Family Guy comes to mind), and that was the reason for making it illegal. One thing i'm sure of is: it WAS some kind of smear campaign, because it would take a smear campaign/ bs propaganda, to make something harmless... illegal.:confused: