Liscense revoked. You blades think my old permit will work as id?

Discussion in 'General' started by wtfjusthappened, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Ok so I know this sounds weird, but the cops have my liscense. I now have a 30 day temporary liscwnse to get legal things taken care of.

When I got my liscense they let me keep my permit, albeit, with a hole punched through it.

What im wondering, is if it will work to still buy liquor or go into bars. My birthdate and name are both on it still, but I look so different than I did that long ago.

I guess I could always show them my mugshot online.lol

2. Nope; hole punched = null and void.

3. You really think most bars and stores would care?

4. #4 snoopdog6502, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    Might want to get and ID and your shit together before you go fucking around at bars and liquor stores.

most places wont ask as long as you dont look like a puppy.

5. Hey I just asked if it would work. I never said I had my shit together.

6. Do you have more then one piece of ID? It's your age and name on a plastic card. It's not like they won't except it. They aren't the cops. They aren't pulling you over. Do you have to have a drivers license to drink? No.

Depends on how much they like keeping their liquor license I guess 

Yup. 

Anything is possible, but without proof of age on a valid ID, you're not likely to get far.

9. I guess this shouldnt be my top priority after getting my liscense taken anyway.

10. *shrug* Get some weed.  Dealers don't ID.

11. [quote name="wheresmyroller" post="19163274" timestamp="1387073670"]*shrug* Get some weed. Dealers don't ID.[/quote]Wise advice!

12. Man I got weed lol. Idk how much good it will do me after they put me in adapt.

But I plan on smokimg the hell out of it until my next court date.

13. It depends. Some places will accept anything. And in Athens you can literally tape a piece of paper over the year to change it if you're under age. The only thing that matters is that it's technically valid. Meaning its not expired. They wouldn't even accept a legitimate ID if it were expired. But why can't you use the temp ID?

14. Its not a photo id. Just my name and b date on a police forum. Basically saying I can drive for 30 days.

15. Uh-oh sounds like you got an expensive court case coming. I had, what sounds like, the same thing happen. Lost license and got that 30 day temp license. You'll need a valid ID from MVA/DMV/whatever its called where you're at. Like someone else said, that hole nullifies the validity, same as it being expired. Where I'm at, I'll quickly be denied sale of any age restricted products if my license/ID is expired.If i was you i would save that money for court, if I'm right in my thinking, it'll be expensive.

16. Indeed. I have several thousand in fines, and possible jail time.

Honestly the id is the least of my worries.

17. my friend used his permit, but the guy at the register asked for an additional form of photo id. It was only tobacco though

18. That is another concern. As I just ran out of smokes. Fuck. lol

It could work though, because I have a paper with my mugshot and charges. It includes name and DOB. I dont see why that isnt considered some form of photo id. lol

19. yea for real why should it matter