Liquor Store Scanned My ID

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by potchocolate, Dec 26, 2011.

1. So I went to this privately owned liquor store near my house. Here in Canada you have to be 19 to drink, but you can only buy alcohol at "alcohol" stores.

Privately owned ones are usually more lenient, and don't ask for 2 pieces of ID which the normal government alcohol store would. This lady asked me for some ID, and I handed her my fake. My fake ID is a perfect replica, except of course it's not scannable in the system. (because its fake).

She puts it under the counter and proceeds to scan it without my consent or anything, and tells me it's a fake. She said if I can't bring another ID proving that the fake one was real, she was going to keep it and report it to authorities. I calmly explained to her that I just moved here, and I'd been using it for years without any troubles... as I reached over the counter just a bit I lunged at the card in her hand and grabbed it and ripped it from her grasp, then at that moment somebody was entering the store and I ran straight outside the open door with card in hand.

I spent 100$ on that card, and without the scanner it works perfectly... Is it even legal to scan an ID without asking the person first? What if my ID barcode was just scratched, would she be allowed to even keep it?

Never going there again, that privately owned liquor store is a bitch. This is why I smoke weed. :smoke:

ps, merry christmas blades

2. im pretty sure they can scan it to make sure its real, :confused_2:idk for sure though. its probably there for a reason lmao that you yanked it away you should of went "yoink" as you grabbed it hahaha

3. dude the places that sell the scannable fake id's are in canada

4. you can get scannable ones, just they cost around 300-400...but thats legit you can bring it into the police station legit. I'm gonna be 19 soon anyways so it's not worth my money. I just needed an ID to satisfy the cashier when I'm pickin up a pack or a quick bottle yenno? And usually privately owned ones dont even ask for 2 pieces , so scanning here is unheard of...

5. actually they only scan at cash registers
    they arent real licenses so they arent in the police system DUH
    also i saw them for $100 online

6. lol Was she supposed to ask your permission first?

It is legal, and I wouldnt suggest going back to that store

7. Well even if she reported it to authorities, it's not a legal ID so she has no way of tracing it to you. But to answer your question, I've had my (real ID) scanned without my permission on multiple occasions, never once have they asked for my permission. So yeah.

Heads up move I guess on snatching it back though...

8. If your eighteen why do you need a fake Id are you on probation

9. first of all whoever said a scannable fake is 300-400 is misinformed...

when I got a fake I paid $75 for two identical scannable id's that will still pass a blacklight test.

only time i'll get caught is if a policeman sees it

10. he said the drinking age in canada is 19.

that sucks though i dont think my ID has ever been scanned except maybe at the bank

11. They obviously have a right to scan it w/o your permission your giving it to them and your trying to buy alcohol that's like going to an airport and not expecting them to blacklight your id

12. hahaha, bro this just made my wake & bake i just laughed so hard cause i imagined it like and Arabian lady and mclovin and i was rollin.

13. I've never had to produce a second ID at a government owned liquor store in Canada, and I'm a 21 year old that could pass off for 12.

Of course it's legal to do, it's put in place to stop the scenario you just attempted.

14. Well the drinking age in new york is 21, but i swear to god my 17 year old friends looks so fucking old they never i.d him. He litteraly walks into any liquor store and buys whatever he wants same goes with buying cigarettes. Im not 21 yet, but some stores let me buy alcohol cuz im cool with the owner but i dont look old like my friend.
    OP:Who spends $100 for a fake i.d?

15. Many, many people

16. Yep, lots of young teens. Mostly all of my friends had one. Most of them wouldn't go to bars or anything but just used it to get beer easier or whatever.

I hardly ever get ID'ed though. I walk into anywhere and they don't say a thing. I don't look old either..I've been told I look young.

Also, the fake ID's are not coming from Canada either, unless you live there. People I know got them from NYC and a place in NJ. Scannable for $100. F that though, I'd never pay $100 for anything fake.

17. Of course they can scan your ID without your consent. That's what the bar code is for!

I gotta say though, I love how you are mad that she did it without your consent. Like you weren't breaking the law or something. Now that's entitlement!

p.s. yes they can keep your fake ID. they are illegal to posses! Learn the rules BEFORE you play the game.

18. it better be a dam good one then, i know some1 who sells fake i.d's for $10 a pop and my friends had no complaints buying alcohol with em.

19. yeah man, they can. I went to a club with a Fake ID I had been to many times before, then out of nowhere the dude just pops it in this scanner I was like FUCK! But he didn't say shit. I asked about it and he said it's a way to keep records of who comes into the venue, incase anything bad happens, they have your details. Mine was fake as fuck. I doubt she could tell yours was fake, I'd say she was just assuming. It's a scanner, not a lie detector. It's not like fake ID's have a chip in them saying "THIS IS A FAKE CARD". She tried to assume it was fake, and I guess she won lol.

Whatever tho, aint worth it. Cops will be pricks about underage drinking. At least you have your card. Just move on, don't go to that store again.

20. I once knew this liquor store that stuck up every single fake ID on the wall, so you are there permanently, with your face on a wall of shame for every customer to see. It was actually pretty damn funny. I guess you would just have to hope that your family don't walk in there and see your face on the wall! But I guess it's only a temporary "FUCK!" moment, because everyone turns 21 sooner or later... so when you hit 21, I guess your fake ID on the wall becomes a trophy LOL