Liquid Nutrients

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Country Angel 69, Jan 13, 2014.

1. I have recently started to smoke as well as grow a couple of plants and was looking into nutrients. I came across this on a few different sites. Has anyone used these or can suggest something better and easy for a beginner like myself?

\tFoxFarm FX14050 Big Bloom, Grow Big & Tiger Bloom Liquid Fertilizer Nutrient Trio Hydro-Formula, 3/32-Ounce Bottles 
    It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HY4CLW?ie=UTF8&tag=growwcom07-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000HY4CLW

Thanks so much for any advice and suggestions!!

Brandy 

2. #2 trueweedsmoker, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    Truth be if your a noob I would stay away from using foxfarm in a hydro system.  Organics dont work well with hydro.  you have to do a little tweaking that you could do without right now.  But it's great to use in soil if your a soil grower, because it makes it a little more difficult to burn plants using organics.  For hydro use chemical nutes and follow the directions and in soil start with organics and do the same.

Organics can sludge up hydro systes with zymes to break them down  GL fam.

3. Good morning, 

Thanks for responding!

I am a soil grower and getting ready to transplant into larger containers and want to make sure that I have everything ready. Next thing will be building a grow box out of an armoire so it won't be so obvious. Using a kitchen cabinet with glass doors from our old place right now with a heavy blanket to block out the light. We have a bud starting on one already and I am so excited! It is about 2 months old or so.

4. good morning

sweet.... thats whats up. sounds  like a plan. do you know the strain?

5. No, we know the one is a crip seed but the others are just seeds that he collected or was left by a friend and he gets all types from a couple of different people. 

I just started smoking myself and don't really like the ones that leave that nasty taste or smell really rough. I did find a couple that I am dying to try as soon as I can get the money and a better set up. Cotton Candy and Bubblelicious sound so great and they are supposed to have a sweet taste. If I knew what the one in my pic was and I could find a seed bank that carries this it would be next also. Anything purple is a great thing. lol 

6. I hear you on that. the pic could be anything.  I just finished a purple strain called gorilla grape.  well seems like yall will never run out of seeds.

7. #7 Thicken Dense, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
    Pineapple express from Dinafem is sweet and fruity, I just chopped a strawberry cough yesterday, smells and tastes like strawberry. Blue dream came out fruity and potent with a cerebral high, here's a link for that https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/humboldt-seed-organization-blue-dream/prod_3620.html

The FF trio works great, just make sure your soil has plenty of perlite in it. For a beginner looking for something easy I would recommend spending that $50 on happy frog soil, extra perlite, an all-purpose dry nutrient mix (happy frog, dr earths, espoma to name a few), and some wormcastings. You mix nutrients and wormcastings into the top soil once a month and water it, no messing around with ph and flushing salts. Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Here are my results with these strains and methods (haven't posted the StrwCgh yet, still have more chopping to do:)): http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1256704-not-sures-grow-vault.html#entry18915924

Edit: here's a preview of that strawberry

Attached Files:

8. ive been using AN micro bloom grow trio and its been working pretty well.  For veg i dont use much because roots organic seems to have enough to get it through and i dont want to over feed it.

i also used big bud and overdrive during flower this time and have pretty progress so far  

9. Thanks for all the advice, I am going to pull up all the suggestions and go from there. Easy is a wonderful thing when just starting out especially when I also have a dog, cats, kids and a hubby to take care of. I have enough stress and want to have fun doing this. Thanks again! 

Strawberry huh? That sounds really good! 

10. hmmm, I made a few posts trying to get help on nutrient formula I already had down asking for suggestions / changes / additions and got nothing for a week.

All it takes is a female name with the number 69 and the basement dwellers come running lol

p.s. i consider myself a basement dweller also. I naturally supply Co2 into my rooms lol

Sorry but I have to seems like she already got her help: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1274020-need-some-help-nutrient-chart.html#entry19324639

12. Just looked at the link above about mistakes and it was really helpful! I didn't know you could still have root rot with a hydro system. 

I came across this one a week or two ago and seems to be a good one for diagnosing problems and easy to understand just a lot of info for a newbie to take in. 

http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms-pictures

13. @ Not Sure - Why are you wearing a glove? Is this to protect the bud?

14. Thats not a picture of me wearing a glove lol........but yea thats what they wear them for so they dont pass off diseases.

15. #16 Thicken Dense, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014

No, it's to protect my hand. If you don't wear gloves resin gets on your hand and then your smartphone, scissors, table, clothes, face, and anything else you touch. I only glove one hand, the one that handles the bud, other hand is bare and handles the scissors, camera, and other equipment. Sometimes you have to manipulate large dense buds to get at the leaf stem when trimming, comes in handy then too.

16. Good to know, I never thought about the resin and stuff coming off on my hands and then getting on other things that I touch. I am glad I asked since I do have children and pets. They are no where close to harvest time but it is at least something to think about when the time comes.