Links for the lazy!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blax, Apr 15, 2010.

1. #1 Blax, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    I am planning out my first grow and have only been seriously researching it for about a week.

I was thinking about planting a single plant and maybe advancing to 3-4 plants.

I plan on investing in this hobby and do not want to go the "gorilla" route. I also do not want to invest thousands. I am thinking about staying in the ballpark of US$500.00.

I am posting here in hopes that the community will fine tune my set up and provide link replacements.

Here is a list of equipment I plan on obtaining:

The seed Priceless. :D

*UPDATE: hydroponic system - Going to build my own! Thanks akhans and custom280Z for the inspiration! :D

reflector $39.95

Light Bulb 1xCool 1xWarm $24.99 x2

Light Hanging Kit $8.95

Grow Tent $105.99

Thermometer / Hygrometer $22.99

Nutrient Starter Kit $32.99

24 Hour Timer $17.95 x2

Fan $24.95

Inline Blower $89.95

ppm Tester / Meter $17.47

Please add every little detail I have forgotten.

2. Looks good. You could probably build the first two yourself and save some money, especially the reflector.

hydro system

Reflector

3. Thanks akhans!

I saw the guide for the hydro.

The problem is I am not a handy man. :(

I am an excellent photographer and a computer guru, I just can build stuff.

4. Lol. Well it seems you've done your homework so I'm sure you'll do well.

5. a ppm tester for 17 bucks!

6. A LOT of this stuff can be picked up at walmart for A LOT cheaper....you dont have to get it from a hydro website..

7. i'd stay away from rubbermade and sterilite tub's...there really crappy compaired to a super box or tuff box...
    then your cookin...
    you can check out my gas chamber in the grow room design section..there's a aero/dwc hydro system that can hold 2" or 3" net pot's and 24 plant's...only 100$ to build the whole thing....
    work's awesome..

good link's bro thanx for lookin out!:smoke:

8. #8 Blax, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    As the title suggest...

Links?

Head over to the Walmart site and link up what we can buy there. That would be perfect! :D

When I first read this I thought, "oh great, another guy who didn't read that I can't build anything". Then I checked out your link and am actually a little inspired to build it myself.

Thanks!

9. ya i know how it is,..lol you should check out midwest's build (stealth dresser) we are tearin it up over there...lol
    his shit's going to be nice...
    i model these system's from aquamist system's...you can only veg about a week or two but pull 3/4 oz minimum per plant, at 24 plant's..that's a lot of pot in a 20x29 inch space...lol
    go for it...hit me up if you need a hand brotha..there super simple and very effective..
    cheer's

10. If your to lazy to drive yourself to walmart to buy a timer...maybe you shouldnt be growing....just a thought

11. #11 Blax, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    If you are too lazy to post a link, maybe you shouldn't be posting? Just a thought...

The timer you mentioned is actually more expensive at Wallmart. So thanks for ASSuming that I am too lazy to drive there.

However, the osculating fan was cheaper at Fred Meyers than it was on the list. I drove there as well.

12. Also thinking about a DIY c02 system.

13. I can really only laugh at this... but Im glad you found something cheaper...which is what I was simply trying to tell you. Either way trust me dude the timer I got from walmart worked for my entire grow and it was cheaper then that. I know its cool to wanna buy all the stuff from hydro stores/ websites cause it seems more legit.

14. #14 Blax, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    Again with no links and more ASSuming. /boggle

*edit

NM, not worth my time.

15. #16 Blax, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2010
    See? You can post a relative post to the topic. Now for your next post, try not to be a douchebag and you will be golden. :D

Even though that's not from Wallmart or is it the same product you were going off about, at least you posted a link (should of done that the first post, but hey, I will take what I can get).

I am proud of you.

16. You're definitely are going to need a Ph. Tester--or you might as well set all that other stuff on fire.

17. Already on the first page my man (does anyone ever read the first post :p)

If you know of a better one, can you link it?

LINKS PEOPLE! :D