Linking my paypal to ebay to sell things, help!

Discussion in 'General' started by blackey, Mar 23, 2012.

1. So I just picked up a $25 visa gift card since i have no credit cards or anything. I login to my ebay account and click "SELL" at the top, I ahve not used my ebay account yet. It asked me for my information than they called me to give me my verification number thats all good.

But I choose to use paypal, I want to keep everything I do on ebay with my paypal account. I KNOW I can use giftcards from visa on paypal directly i do it many times. But ebay FORCES me to add a card to my paypal account, they have no "skip" option or anything so I HAVE to put in a new card which is why I bought this. Now I entered all my info they already pre-filled my first name, my last name, so I choose VISA on the drop down list and enter the card number, and the 3 digit code on the back, expiration date.

The page that loads next says "We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card."

I Just used this at the dollar store to buy a couple things so I know that it is active.

Why are they forcing me to add a new card?
    Could it be because ebay owns paypal they looked at my paypal account and noticed there was not a card on it? I have a card already attached to my ebay account but it has no balance, could this be why?

If I cant get this to work I guess I'll just choose the "credit or debit card" option instead of paypal, but I hope I dont.

2. [quote name='"blackey"']So I just picked up a $25 visa gift card since i have no credit cards or anything. I login to my ebay account and click "SELL" at the top, I ahve not used my ebay account yet. It asked me for my information than they called me to give me my verification number thats all good.

But I choose to use paypal, I want to keep everything I do on ebay with my paypal account. I KNOW I can use giftcards from visa on paypal directly i do it many times. But ebay FORCES me to add a card to my paypal account, they have no "skip" option or anything so I HAVE to put in a new card which is why I bought this. Now I entered all my info they already pre-filled my first name, my last name, so I choose VISA on the drop down list and enter the card number, and the 3 digit code on the back, expiration date.

The page that loads next says "We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please try to enter a different credit card."

I Just used this at the dollar store to buy a couple things so I know that it is active.

Why are they forcing me to add a new card?
    Could it be because ebay owns paypal they looked at my paypal account and noticed there was not a card on it? I have a card already attached to my ebay account but it has no balance, could this be why?

If I cant get this to work I guess I'll just choose the "credit or debit card" option instead of paypal, but I hope I dont.

[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you need a legitimate credit card or debit card for paypal, incase you go negative, they need something that can be charged. A reloadable card could just be used to rip them off.

Link it with your bank account? I wish I could help more, but I added my bank and credit card to it when paypal first came out a ways back, so its not to fresh in my mind.

3. #3 blackey, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    I can definitly load a visa giftcard straight to paypal pretty easily and pain free I always do when I get one of these, but previously The way I added it it always asked for "Name on card" instead of automatically putting in my name. and in this "name on card" spot all I had to do was type in "gift card recipient" for the name and it worked perfectly...maybe things changed :S I doubt that tho.

---------------edit---------------
    I figured it out, All I had to do was go to the website printed on the back of the card, login, and register the card. I just listed my shit on ebay! :D