Limted Space Need Assistance!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hydroled, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I have a 2.5 X 2.5 room for growing space. I'm growing indoors, using soil as my medium. Have a 400W Halides and High Pressure Sodium setup. I have about 10 seedlings in party cups under a small CFL light going at the present. I'm wanting to harvest 4 female plants.

The problem I'm facing is that I only have room for 4 five gallon buckets in my grow space. The seedlings are in a separate area right now and will out grow the party cups soon. I don't know which seedlings will end up female. I need to transport soon. Any advice:rolleyes:? Tips:smoke:? Tricks:D? Thanks

2. [quote name='"hydroled"']I have a 2.5 X 2.5 room for growing space. I'm growing indoors, using soil as my medium. Have a 400W Halides and High Pressure Sodium setup. I have about 10 seedlings in party cups under a small CFL light going at the present. I'm wanting to harvest 4 female plants.

The problem I'm facing is that I only have room for 4 five gallon buckets in my grow space. The seedlings are in a separate area right now and will out grow the party cups soon. I don't know which seedlings will end up female. I need to transport soon. Any advice:rolleyes:? Tips:smoke:? Tricks:D? Thanks[/quote]

Take clippings of ea. Root em and flower them. The males go bye bye.
    Don't worry about vegging longer. If you need to, upgrade to a 2or3gal container for the plants.

OR

Look for smaller buckets 3gallon would probably be better for that space imo,If you are going SOG.
    The males will show quick.

*edit*
    Square containers work too. Allowing for a more uniform fit.

3. 5 gallon buckets are pretty large. A 3 gallon would allow you more space and require less grow medium.

4. Some other things to consider.
    You may already be prepared, but i will throw some thoughts at you.
    -Airflow/Circulation is extremely important in that size room. A 400watt light will pump some heat in there.
    I recommend using glass, rather than a diffuser, but definitely use one or the other, in the light.
    Other than that, keep asking questions, keep learning, and keep growing. Lierally and figuratively.
    :)

Puff Puff Pass

5. 2.5 x 2.5 what feet or meters?

if feet then stay under 600 watts if meters then you can use a 1000 wat no problem

6. [quote name='"leftkidney"']2.5 x 2.5 what feet or meters?

if feet then stay under 600 watts if meters then you can use a 1000 wat no problem[/quote]

Good point. I am assuming it is feet. Chalk it up to good ole American messed up measurements.

7. Put them all in the 5 gal buckets and rip out the ones that are males?

A few times to save space I have planted 3 to 5 plants per bucket and once flowering shows I remove the males and the unsightly females and keep just the most vibrant females.

I usually take the discarded females and put them into a tiny pot and put them on a window sill, with little to no attention you can come back to them when your crop is done and plant them as an interim until your next main crop.

*edit*
    Forgot to add, I have not had any trouble removing the males and unwanted females, the taproot and most main roots come up easily with the plant. Ive even used my recycled soil from previous grows just smashing the roots up in the soil with good success. So leftover root pieces should not effect growth. (affect?)

8. dude wtf is that response about, lol must be for a different topic because it makes no sense to me

9. Mine?
    To grow out all plants together in 5 gal buckets and rip out the ones that arnt females? Would let him grow out his 10 seedlings and keep the 4 females.

10. [quote name='"ChaoticCrux"']Mine?
    To grow out all plants together in 5 gal buckets and rip out the ones that arnt females? Would let him grow out his 10 seedlings and keep the 4 females.[/quote]

Or.

OP switches to 3gallon square buckets and he can fit 9 containers.
    I use 3gallon square buckets for my hydro setup. So i know they can fit.

Lets say he gets 6 or more female.
    Why would he want to kill 2 or more just to get 4? Doesn't make sense to me.
    More plants = More weight... theoretically.

Allows for more clones. Then you can keep the clones from the plants with the desired traits.