Limp Seedlings ??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by HAZZI427, Sep 19, 2014.

1. First off, it's been 1 week since germination, transported to rock wool after seeds popped it's tops. Have 400 watt M/H, 15 gallon res with a 295 gph water pump circulating the whole res through iced water cooler which circulates the entire res evert 3 minutes. Got a nice topfin 4000 air pump with 2 very large air stones, water heater(if needed) and a fan slowly airing the room. So ive maintained the ph and ppm even though stems have yet to reach water so I've had to hand water and sprayed mist. I've started the light the other day, on its second 20 hour light cycle. Btw, this is a dwc system of course. But this is my problem, limped over stem, dark color stem, looks like it just wants to die. Can anybody help me out here? What is causing this and what is it. I'll post some pics for yall to see what's happening. uploadfromtaptalk1411103369787.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411103403571.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411103462566.jpg

2. I think you are drowning them. You said you are hand watering and spraying them..that isn't necessary. The cubes should be moist enough to last until the roots stretch to the reservoir, that is nothing to worry about.

My advice is stop drowning them, let the roots have a chance to get some oxygen.

3. Does over watering make the stem kinda pinch itself ?

4. Also I do believe I gave one of my ambitious growers a tad bit of chem burn from the hand watering from res. Pic will be added momentarily. What ya think?

5. They dont look that bad.

When in doubt LIFTA (leave it the fuck alone)

Id be givin them straight RO water right now only, or whatever water youre using.

6. Okay, I flushed out the res and it's running 60 ppm tap water. I'm not sure why but the solution smelt fucking nasty and it's only been 3 days. No roots are touching out yet. Checked rootz and they seem fine, nice white color to them until it hits stem then it's dark black/brownish color.

7. Sounds like the stem is rotting from damping off.

8. That was my first though but I talked my self into believing it was just a lil drying of the rock wool so I ended up just drowning them. Still have two going strong though, maybe just maybe these two will be super nice to daddy and grow big and strong

9. Will make a new post in a week or so, kinda make it a journal and get some feedback from the community.